Luton Town vs. Newcastle United: 23/12/23 @ 15:00 (No UK TV)

HaydnNUFC

10 minutes ago, andycap said:

They've drew with Liverpool at home and nearly took arsenal to a draw until a late goal. Plus if the wind picks up old Betty's knickers could interfere with play 😂 

We're 20 points ahead of them in the league, people going on like we're off to the Bernabeu 

16 minutes ago, WideopenMag said:

We're 20 points ahead of them in the league, people going on like we're off to the Bernabeu 

1 win in 10 away games, may as well be playing on fucking Mars with our away form :lol:

19 minutes ago, Nine said:

A highly physical side like them is a nightmare for a gassed out, wounded squad. Hoping we get an early goal.

You know how it goes. We score an early goal, then they'll score one or two goals late in the game to equalise/win.

with Liverpool and Arsenal struggling to get results here it's hard to be optimistic given our injury situation and recent setbacks 

think we'll need a slice of good fortune like we had against Fulham if we're to get a good result 

everything seems an uphill struggle at the moment but I think it'll make us stronger in the long run under Howe who will be learning a lot from this season 

18 minutes ago, mikejaxer said:

You know how it goes. We score an early goal, then they'll score one or two goals late in the game to equalise/win.

Aye, it's happened every game this season, probably the reason we're only 6th to be fair.

14 hours ago, Elma said:

Away at Leeds.

Edit: This one - from about 45 secs in? Topically, I've also just noticed that the ref that day was Keith Cooper, Steve Cooper's dad.

Howard Wilkinson at the beginning there - a man who was in the original version of the ‘We’re in Milan-io’ song, long forgotten in terms of the song (which no longer works without the second part of the verse: ‘we’re in Milan-io, Sunderland’s going down yer know, we’re in the San Siro, they’ve sacked sgt. wilko’). Wilkinson was sacked while we were there.  Never thought that chant worked quite as well without the second part. 

Has Eddie ever really tinkered with the formation since being here?

Might be something to be said for a 3-5-2 if Gordon and Isak are still unavailable?

Dubravka

Lascelles  Botman  Burn

Trippier                                          Tino

Bruno

Longstaff             Miley

Almiron         Wilson

I suppose you could achieve a lot of the same things by just playing Tino at LW and keeping the 4-3-3 but just a thought.

16 hours ago, SteV said:

In terms of performances and staying in the game maybe. Still only got 5 points out of 24.

True, Luton have only 5 points from 24 at home.  Which is shite and relegation form.

Newcastle’s away points this season?  5 from 24.  Which is shite and relegation form.

We’re in for a classic!

If doughty is allowed to cross the ball at will, then we are in for a nightmare scenario, the guy has a wand of a left boot 

I think we have to press them up the pitch with Lascelles in a aerial battle with their CF. 

Unfortunately that's not going to give us much room behind their back 4 but at least we might be able to control the game away from home for once (I hope)