Newcastle United 1-3 Notts Forest (26/12/23)

Disco

Just now, Dr.Spaceman said:

Their keeper needs to be tested more in the 2nd half like

We don't even test the keeper that much when we play well. 

Seems like it's always about patience, try and keep the ball, but sometimes I just wish someone would give it a sweaty punt goalwards 

1 minute ago, Pancrate1892 said:

We don't even test the keeper that much when we play well. 

Seems like it's always about patience, try and keep the ball, but sometimes I just wish someone would give it a sweaty punt goalwards 

Should just tell Sean to have a crack every now and then

Edited by Dr.Spaceman

3 minutes ago, Mattoon said:

Reading on here anyone would think we're 2007 Derby, we've not been terrible, we've controlled the game, forest are dangerous on the counter, we need to be wiser to that and we need to be more clinical up front as we've had the chances.

Its the same fucking shit we have been shit at all season. The players seemingly learn fuck all

3 minutes ago, Wolfcastle said:

We were clearly the better team if were being coldly unemotionally objective about it

We’ve had territory and possession but I don’t think we look much better than Forest. Forest have come to sit in and play on the counter. 

Weve not created a lot from open play. Similar issue to them - poor final ball or choices. 

The panic on here. ??? :D

I think we have done OK going forwards, but we always knew that Elanga was gonna get the run on Dan Burn. Gibbs-White is a really, really good player and is their key man when playing on the counter.

Again - we have players who are out of form and probably not fully fit. Keep a bit of perspective.

1 minute ago, Ste said:

Must win game for me, this. Not overly worried, we’re looking a bit better in possession than we have been recently and Isak is enjoying more support. Just need to cut out the little mistakes, we’re inviting the attack. 

We're ar our most vulnerable when we start trying to play too many intricate passes with everyone pushed up, all Forest are going to do when they get a foot in is hoof it forward and rush. Need to be better at making those chances and not overcomitting to the attack.

9 minutes ago, Jordan said:

Rinse and repeat atm. We go a goal up and then give up attacking. I’m so done with Miggy now, he’s dogshit. If he’s not spoiling every attack trying to get it on his left foot, hes making stupid decisions like that. 

Awful, awful defending on their goal as well. I hope Burn starting isn’t Howe’s loyalty and Tino does have a little knock as he’s levels above Burn in every aspect. 

We conceded because we were attacking though?

Guest reefatoon
10 minutes ago, hakka said:

It's so amusing how these two go from this to also being spoken in terms of "we look so much worse without Longstaff" or Almiron scoring/assisting when we've really needed it. :lol:

Longstaff has been abysmal. Been caught on the ball, falling over and just not getting involved.

Gordon isn’t creating, Almiron and Longstaff never do and we are leaving it to a 17 year old who is the one putting a shift in. Some players need to step up.

You been happy with Longstaff and Almirons shift? Yeah they run about, but what else have they done today. We need more than they offer.

Edited by reefatoon

9 minutes ago, Jordan said:

Rinse and repeat atm. We go a goal up and then give up attacking. I’m so done with Miggy now, he’s dogshit. If he’s not spoiling every attack trying to get it on his left foot, hes making stupid decisions like that. 

Awful, awful defending on their goal as well. I hope Burn starting isn’t Howe’s loyalty and Tino does have a little knock as he’s levels above Burn in every aspect. 

We conceded a goal from one of our attacks btw 

5 minutes ago, Jilted Generator said:

This season just screams of 2003/4 season, throwing away leads constantly. I still think we win today but christ we have looked spectacularly mediocre the past 6/7 weeks. 

Wood playing the role of Lua-Lua sort of.

Lot more people itching to get on the current top manager for not meeting the high standards he himself created now than then though.