sunderland 0-3 Newcastle United (06/01/24)

Yorkie

2 minutes ago, Rod said:

The commentator today was getting right on my tits.  Umpteen times he said "Newcastle haven't beaten sunderland in 11 years".  With no explanation whatsoever.

Rod what’s your poison tonight me owld mucka?

6 minutes ago, Disco said:

Small minded thinking. Poor. 

Aspire to be better than a shuttler.

I’ve got some good news and some bad news. The good news is Newcastle won the derby and Isak scored two. The bad news is we looked a bit fatigued in the second half. 

Just now, MrRaspberryJam said:

I’ve got some good news and some bad news. The good news is Newcastle won the derby and Isak scored two. The bad news is we looked a bit fatigued in the second half. 

TCDs still thinking about the bad news. 

That was about as comfortable as it's ever going to get in a derby, complete domination from the first whistle and virtually zero threat other than a couple of speculative pot shots. Not the game I was expecting, I thought they would be snapping into tackles but the sobering fact for them is that they couldn't even get close enough, the time and space they gave us was incredible to watch, they couldn't have been more passive. Their players are all really poor technically and I wouldn't have any of them in our squad at all, they couldn't keep the ball for more than 4 or 5 passes then got caught or just passed it away.

We looked in complete control and they essentially gave up after their little 5 minute spell, the "ole's" on 55 minutes were the signal for them to jack it in mentally. Routine, professional, dominant and comprehensive win away from home that demonstrated the huuuuuge gulf between the 2 clubs, they're a billion miles away and that gap will only grow. Lovely way to start the weekend, I'll never tire of rubbing their noses in the fucking shit 

1 minute ago, midds said:

That was about as comfortable as it's ever going to get in a derby, complete domination from the first whistle and virtually zero threat other than a couple of speculative pot shots. Not the game I was expecting, I thought they would be snapping into tackles but the sobering fact for them is that they couldn't even get close enough, the time and space they gave us was incredible to watch, they couldn't have been more passive. Their players are all really poor technically and I wouldn't have any of them in our squad at all, they couldn't keep the ball for more than 4 or 5 passes then got caught or just passed it away.

We looked in complete control and they essentially gave up after their little 5 minute spell, the "ole's" on 55 minutes were the signal for them to jack it in mentally. Routine, professional, dominant and comprehensive win away from home that demonstrated the huuuuuge gulf between the 2 clubs, they're a billion miles away and that gap will only grow. Lovely way to start the weekend, I'll never tire of rubbing their noses in the fucking shit 

Spot on that. Zero jeopardy once that 2nd went in really, all quite funny given the Autumn RTG mentality that they could give us a game. 

To the tune of Louis Armstrong.....

I see trees of black, I see trees off white, red stripes too, and they're crying in their s***e. And I think to myself...what a wonderful world

Not having that they gifted us the first two goals malarkey some are murmuring. Isak is behind Ballard for the first for a difficult but very doable tap in and second is entirely them not handling our or Almiron's press. Deserved, not a gift, get to fuck ya seagull shaggers. Happy days, easiest win you'll see.

Edited by GEFAFWISP

49 minutes ago, joeyt said:

We were "ole"-ing with the ball throughout pretty much the whole of the second half and our press was the best it's been for months, they couldn't get out of their defensive third

Of course we aren't fully over the fatigue issues

Ok… so you agree with me. 

If you don’t. That’s also fine. Just opinions. 

Just now, The College Dropout said:

Ok… so you agree with me. 

If you don’t. That’s also fine. Just opinions. 

I agree the fatigue issue won't have gone away but we didn't look fatigued at all today

37 minutes ago, Mag3.14 said:

Copium out in full force, "never expected to win", "what do you expect were just a championship side", "we gifted you all three goals" the list goes on ..... Glorious :D

“We gifted you the goals”

since when is ‘we’re shit’ a defence/cope? Aye yous were, and we beat you, cos we’re better. Isn’t that the point?