sunderland 0-3 Newcastle United (06/01/24)

Yorkie

54 minutes ago, TomYam said:

Portsmouth v Southampton is worthy of mention. 

This

Possibly the most toxic of them all going by the craic I've encountered from both sets of fans over the years, they fucking detest each other.

Ok the talk of them being underwhelming i am wondering if it's similar situation to Burnley, they are trying to play out from the back and play patient good football but it just the difference between leagues has just ballooned and it looks so unconvincing one level up particularly at the back

2 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

That’s daft tbf - it definitely is one of them.  In terms of ferocity it’ll be comfortably top five. 

I was watching it and when it got to number two I was thinking “wow we’re gonna be number one” then when it was Celtic and rangers it was “well that’s stupid when you have Exeter and Torquay in there”

I am sure we weren't playing full pelt and don't think we could having played a few days before and the controlled measured response was working. However if our bad luck have of continued Botman could have scored that own goal and Pritchards volley could have bounced down and in. The earlier misses by Longstaff could have then been costly. 

With every match you need a little luck as well as everything else. 

Saying that once the second went in I had little doubt. 

Just now, Optimistic Nut said:

Banned from RTG for saying O'Nien is the worst player to represent either of our sides and reaching 200 games. :lol:

TBF I barely noticed he was playing until he took Miley out.

Every time I watch the highlights I can't believe that through ball from Bruno is going to reach Joelinton on the first goal. Useless RB helped matters but ultimately it was absolutely inch perfect. He was sensational yesterday, Bruno, probably the best player most of their team has ever come up against.

As I said in match thread, thought Mackems shape and workrate was solid early on but as soon as we scored, they needed to show more attacking intent and it never happened. I thought they would be more direct.

Ended up a comfortable win. 

Been quite disappointed by even intelligent Sunderland fans I know going on about how it’s not a derby anymore and it was Sunderland v Saudi Arabia etc. 

Assume they wouldn’t have considered it a derby win if they had won :lol:

30 minutes ago, nufcjmc said:

I am sure we weren't playing full pelt and don't think we could having played a few days before and the controlled measured response was working. However if our bad luck have of continued Botman could have scored that own goal and Pritchards volley could have bounced down and in. The earlier misses by Longstaff could have then been costly. 

With every match you need a little luck as well as everything else. 

Saying that once the second went in I had little doubt. 

Can Wilson not teach longstaff how to keep his shots low ffs? He should take up Aussie rules or rugby.

9 minutes ago, RS said:

What a magnificent gesture. More big clubs should be doing this to help keep the smaller teams afloat. 

Is this the equivalent of me donating a tin of beans to the food bank?

30 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Every time I watch the highlights I can't believe that through ball from Bruno is going to reach Joelinton on the first goal. Useless RB helped matters but ultimately it was absolutely inch perfect. He was sensational yesterday, Bruno, probably the best player most of their team has ever come up against.

Still totally baffling that people watched that match and officially gave Isak man of the match over Miggy and especially Bruno. 

24 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Been quite disappointed by even intelligent Sunderland fans I know going on about how it’s not a derby anymore and it was Sunderland v Saudi Arabia etc. 

Is all a coping mechanism.

Obviously we’ve lost derbies recently and in the past, some deservedly (not all mind), but there’s never been a absolute gulf in class like was evident yesterday.

It’s palatable to tell yourself ‘they were better than us today, never mind’. But it’s a lot more difficult to admit ‘these are a completely different class to us, we’re miles behind them’, so you need something to lessen that reality.

1 hour ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

They thought our kids playing their first team in the lower league cup was a derby because they won.

10 minutes ago, KetsbaiaIsBald said:

They thought our kids playing their first team in the lower league cup was a derby because they won.

Remember some of their fans bouncing around when they won etc. As if they'd beaten our first 11. Was absolutely hilarious. We actually cheered their goals and just pure laughed at them. Absolute laughing stock.

1 hour ago, Ronaldo said:

Isak deserved it more than Miggy simply because he was involved in all 3 goals and pushed Ballard away from Gordon. 

Unfortunately Miggy gets alot of praise due to how bad he has been recently and it was a much improved performance. With Isak he is just class and you do sometimes take that for granted when looking at a match in isolation.