FAC R5: Blackburn Rovers (A): 27/02/24 @ DELAYED 20:00 (Live on BBC One)

I’d say it’s a rare must-win in that it doesn’t have a bearing on the manager’s position, it’s not going to affect relegation etc but if we lose it completely changes how everything feels for the rest of the season and it basically makes the season a write off. The season can still feel positive if we get to Wembley 

10 minutes ago, gbandit said:

I’d say it’s a rare must-win in that it doesn’t have a bearing on the manager’s position, it’s not going to affect relegation etc but if we lose it completely changes how everything feels for the rest of the season and it basically makes the season a write off. The season can still feel positive if we get to Wembley 

That's just totally untrue though. 6th isn't even out of the question yet. Obviously we'd have to improve a lot to even finish 7th but look at the teams around us; they're all flawed in some way. 

Just now, Yorkie said:

That's just totally untrue though. 6th isn't even out of the question yet. Obviously we'd have to improve a lot to even finish 7th but look at the teams around us; they're all flawed in some way. 

I can’t see us finishing sixth or seventh with the squad issues we still face. The consistency required feels out of reach given the amount of goals we’re shipping. It’s not impossible but I’ve got no hope for it whereas I do think there’s hope we could get to an FA cup final. Even if we were to finish in the Europa conference league spot I wouldn’t feel that excited in all honesty. If we have the squad to compete in Europe then it’s different but the idea of trying to compete again on multiple fronts with a threadbare squad is disheartening

No way we will lose this match right? It’s a relegation fighter team in Championship. No way. We are struggling but no way we will lose this game

6 minutes ago, Zero said:

No way we will lose this match right? It’s a relegation fighter team in Championship. No way. We are struggling but no way we will lose this game

Cambridge and Sheffield Wednesday say Hi!

I’d go with Karius, Trippier Schar Lascelles Tino, Miley Bruno Willock, Barnes Isak Murphy 

Gordon, Burn et al to come on as subs in the 85th minute when under the cosh and holding a 1-0 lead

1 hour ago, Yorkie said:

We have the easiest run in out of all the teams around us. If we can get 24 points from the remaining games we should finish 7th possibly 6th. We have Brighton, Wolves and West Ham all to play at home too. Its not like we have to be incredible to finish 7th.

1 minute ago, Jack27 said:

I’d go with Karius, Trippier Schar Lascelles Tino, Miley Bruno Willock, Barnes Isak Murphy 

Gordon, Burn et al to come on as subs in the 85th minute when under the cosh and holding a 1-0 lead

This makes sense to me, I'd like Hall to start but lets be honest on that one.

1 hour ago, TRC said:

This makes sense to me, I'd like Hall to start but lets be honest on that one.

Sorry I need to ask why?

It's an important game, the manager clearly doesn't trust him, assumption is he can't be training that well and hasn't played in ages so why start him?

Just now, Monters said:

Sorry I need to ask why?

It's an important game, the manager clearly doesn't trust him, assumption is he can't be training that well and hasn't played in ages so why start him?

Blackburn are 16th in the Champo with a lot of issues of their own, we should handle them. This kid has played PL and CL he should be capable, we are spending 30m on him if he cant be trusted now then we may as well shut him down for the season.

4 minutes ago, TRC said:

Blackburn are 16th in the Champo with a lot of issues of their own, we should handle them. This kid has played PL and CL he should be capable, we are spending 30m on him if he cant be trusted now then we may as well shut him down for the season.

We are spending on his potential - an awful lot granted but on his potential not current form... don't see the need to force him into a game you could argue the season depends on to prove a point.  If he is involved I would love him to do a well and play more moving forward if he deserves it but not just because we are signing him next season.

Dummet has played PL and CL and I don't want him in the team tonight either

Edited by Monters
typo