Aston Villa 1-3 Newcastle United (30/01/24) | Reaction: pg 50 | Goal-posts: OP

Disco

That's why football's amazing. The chaos. :lol: No-one expected that. We were really good and you could tell from the start that something felt different. Hung on a slight amount but in hindsight it'll probably look a lot more comfortable than it felt in that ridiculous 9 minutes of extra time.

Dubravka: 7.5

Trippier: 8

Schär: 10

Botman: 7.5

Burn: 7.5

Longstaff: 7

Bruno: 8

Miley: 7

Murphy: 7.5

Isak: 7

Gordon: 8

Almiron: 7.5

Livramento: 7.5

Just now, CPL said:

Loved the back 5 towards the end moving Burn central and leaving Tino to their dangerous winger. 

The beauty is that Tino is still a threat from a left wing back, so it doesn't harm our attack as much as it should having an extra defender.

5 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

These next 3 games are pivotal now. All winnable but all against teams who have humbled us recently. 

But if can beat this Villa team, once we get some players back in the next 2 weeks I believe we've got the ability to get 6 points minimum from the next 3.

The Bruno yellow card two-game suspension is hanging over the team like the sword of Damocles :lol:

Does it get scrubbed at any point, or do we just accept its coming soon....

1 minute ago, Stuy_O said:

Easy to say this after winning but I just had the feeling we'd get something tonight. Great win and good performance. 

Feels like sharing a betting slip post-win but I had a feeling too. :lol: The weekend clearly gave us a lift and we're generally just sharper. 

We genuinely looked refreshed. Calm and assured from the off, we even dealt with them getting a goal very well. 

Can we get pressed to death every week please? 

11 minutes ago, LiquidAK said:

Eddie Howe masterclass that. Saw the threat from their changes and adjusted our system accordingly, Tino on completely nullified them. Brilliant performance from the lads, and the manager. So much for not being able to adapt and being stuck to a single system eh.

I would say the Tino sub was obvious by the time it was made and there'd been a few warning shots before the goal.

First half we were great though and pulled Villa around brilliantly. Forgotten how good we can be myself.

Just now, Superior Acuña said:

Ah I saw that and thought he probably just doing an exercise for his shoulders, given his recent injury

It could also have been that.  If it wasn't Murphy I'd have thought what you said!

1 minute ago, Beren said:

The Bruno yellow card two-game suspension is hanging over the team like the sword of Damocles :lol:

It does, but the cut off is a while away (5 weeks) maybe I think? :icon_scratch:

Just now, Beren said:

32 games