Newcastle United 4-4 Luton Town (03/02/24) | Reaction: pg40

Yorkie

Just now, Wullie said:

Ah fair, thought you meant Hall who I don't think is much quicker than Burn.

Hall is quicker than burn it’s not actually possible to be slower than Burn, point taken though I’ve seen faster pensioners than Burn, Schar Botman Bruno and hall. 

2 minutes ago, Displayname said:

Say what you want, but it truly was easy to see that Burn had no business staying on the pitch after that first half.

Like I said, it’s an easy game isn’t it. No consideration of context or consequences of decision making. No opportunity for the player to correct things/regain confidence. Just chuck the fucker under the bus because he was done for pace. Doesn’t matter about recent man of match performances. 

18 minutes ago, Sigh said:

How miserable can ye feckers be, like??!!

Or fickle. 4 points from this and villa away is more than most or the bookies would have predicted.

wilson snd Barnes back the latter with a goal. Older longy found his shooting boots. Bruno chipping in with a rare goal.

Luton are physical and have enough to stay up. To come back from 2 goals down is pleasing.

aye I’m a glass half full man but some of the miserable fkers have short memories or no memories :-/

7 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Lots of negativity re Howe on this thread. This football management malarkey is an easy game from your armchair. 

This is a Newcastle forum, of course Howe’s management is going to be discussed.

9 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Lots of negativity re Howe on this thread. This football management malarkey is an easy game from your armchair. 

Problem today was easy to see from the armchair.

Edited by nufc123

Guest reefatoon

Equal measures of frustration, enjoyment, anger and entertainment. Proper old school Saturday afternoon right there [emoji38]

Massive plus having Barnes back in action.

Edited by reefatoon

Howe got that wrong today like. Start Tino and we don't concede two of those goals imo. I know we don't have much choice at the moment but I thought Miley was out of his depth today as well, game was a bit too physical for him at 17. Few more years and he bosses it. Sean can get in the bin though, so, so poor outside of his two strikes.

Just now, El Jardinero said:

We're not allowed to discuss the managers performance, only the players? 

Yes, but you can’t say anything negative because you can’t play as well as they do. 

2 minutes ago, El Jardinero said:

We're not allowed to discuss the managers performance, only the players? 

1 minute ago, Vedder said:

Yes, but you can’t say anything negative because you can’t play as well as they do. 

A little respect for what they've all (over)achieved would be nice

5 minutes ago, OCOCOL said:

Or fickle. 4 points from this and villa away is more than most or the bookies would have predicted.

wilson snd Barnes back the latter with a goal. Older longy found his shooting boots. Bruno chipping in with a rare goal.

Luton are physical and have enough to stay up. To come back from 2 goals down is pleasing.

aye I’m a glass half full man but some of the miserable fkers have short memories or no memories :-/

Gordon injured. 

1 minute ago, Wolfcastle said:

1 minute ago, Wolfcastle said:

The two things are completely separate IMO. You can call out a bad decision/performance when you see it without being disrespectful. Otherwise, should we all sit here sharing pleasantries after seeing us concede 4 at home to Luton?

23 minutes ago, matta said:

Its up there. 

It's not even close. We got beat by these not that long ago. Do you remember the shit we watched 3/4 years ago, every other game was an embarrassing result or performance. 

15 minutes ago, Stifler said:

In what world do you look at our refs and come to the conclusion that they can get an intimate partner to start to even become a cuckold?

Half the fuckers are still crying for fucking bitty.

:jones:

3 minutes ago, Vedder said:

By that logic we can't criticize the performance of any footballer, athlete, politician, actor, musician etc etc. Then why do we have this forum, if not to voice opinions, positive or negative?

I don’t fully understand anger being the response after games like this one.  Yep, Howe made some tactical blunders.  But that was seriously entertaining to watch.  Luton gave it a right go, until the last 15 mins when it became rope-a-dope.  Our lot went hammer and tongs and burned out at 90 mins.  We’re a long way from being a top side, so I’m more than happy to be an entertaining one

2 minutes ago, El Jardinero said:

By that logic we can't criticize the performance of any footballer, athlete, politician, actor, musician etc etc. Then why do we have this forum, if not to voice opinions, positive or negative?

I think there’s been a misunderstanding of my first post, and you missed the sarcasm of my second one. Let’s move on. 

3 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

I don’t fully understand anger being the response after games like this one.  Yep, Howe made some tactical blunders.  But that was seriously entertaining to watch.  Luton gave it a right go, until the last 15 mins when it became rope-a-dope.  Our lot went hammer and tongs and burned out at 90 mins.  We’re a long way from being a top side, so I’m more than happy to be an entertaining one

Mainly because it was a shit result that was completely avoidable.