Nottingham Forest 2-3 Newcastle United (10/02/24)

Yorkie

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

I missed the match from about 20 minutes in. So happy with the result and I feel the need to reassert my love for Edward.

Can someone sum up the events in a word?

In a sound? 

Bruno.

Really strange game that one today, we won but I wasn't that impressed by how we did it. Some of them ran themselves to a complete standstill - which is admirable and confusing at the same time. We looked soft as shit, easily opened up like a tin of beans and gave away another 2 sloppy as fuck goals whilst converting all of our big chances. I'm going to need to sleep on that.

It's definitely not the slam dunk "we won so it doesn't matter how we did it". It absolutely does matter if legit concerns are still there. I'll think I'll just be thankful for the 3 points tonight and focus on Bournemouth now 

8 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

That is absolutely true ofcourse but the way he plays that role had a huge impact on the team. Bringing on Dummett instead of Tino in that same scenario for example doesn't produce the same result.

Harsh on Dummett- he played really well in the cup games he had a chance with. Just CB suits him better 

There was a little interchange of passing between Livra and Barnes during one attack, that gave a real glimpse into what we’re missing with Livra sitting on the bench all the time. Such a shame. 

so from going its deffo not a pen during the game, all of a sudden its nailed on.

sky, man.

the only angle  that remotely shows it may have been is from behind.

the front and side abgles show its clearly him making contact with dubs.

1 minute ago, huss9 said:

eddie's reaction at the end just goes to show he must have really feeling th pressure lately.

such a release of emotion.

Really? He’s like Captain Holt to me when it comes to reading him.

3 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

I missed the match from about 20 minutes in. So happy with the result and I feel the need to reassert my love for Edward.

Can someone sum up the events in a word?

In a sound? 

Hnnnnnnnnnnng

42 minutes ago, LionOfGosforth said:

Great win. But these match threads man, seen EH described as "a fucking idiot" and a "fraud" over the course of 90 minutes. Fucking shocking following these threads.

Not worth following the match thread once all that nonsense starts. I usually just bounce now.

It is just so embarrassing, cringe worthy and clueless.

Just seen Forest were robbed apparently. Player takes a poor touch, loses control of the ball and runs into a keeper who is trying to get the ball but, tv keeps showing a view from behind which for shortens the distance.

Just to be clear; that was never a penalty. And, just to be clear; Andy Hinchcliffe absolutely hates us and shouldn’t be allowed anywhere near our games.

Top sides learn how to win ugly or edge out tight games. Far too many times we havent seen games out or been too rash to go forward. While I was frustrated with the passing back all the time. I guess we were just so spoilt at times especially last season it wasn't a classic but banking 3 points and still being in the Europe position mix is all that really matters I guess. 

The feeling after a win is always so so nice. Especially the day after when you can actually enjoy the day properly and also enjoy watching other football games. We lose and it takes a couple of days get rid of the miserable feeling which I hate :lol: 

49 minutes ago, LionOfGosforth said:

Great win. But these match threads man, seen EH described as "a fucking idiot" and a "fraud" over the course of 90 minutes. Fucking shocking following these threads.

i havent read the whole  thread but thats disgraceful if true.

no harm in questioning his decisions but bloody hell not personal insults like that ffs.

5 minutes ago, Joelinton7 said:

That NUFCWill1892 account that gives the team early has been deleted after he said Gordon was out today. [emoji38]

Rightly so. No excuses! No 2nd chances! 😄

Just seen that Botman plays the ball away from the Forest player, who then runs in to M Dubs. If he doesn't have control or even possession of the ball it can't be a pen. Notice that Rednapp didn't even notice Botman had tackled him.

1 minute ago, huss9 said:

i havent read the whole  thread but thats disgraceful if true.

no harm in questioning his decisions but bloody hell not personal insults like that ffs.

Exactly why I brought it up and took issue with it. It's one thing to react emotionally in the moment, we all do it to some degree. But the disrespect in these match threads game after game for our best manager in 2 decades is incredible. Same 5-6 posters most weeks.