Sporting Director / Director of Football

r0cafella

Posted (edited)

Was impressed with the other guys YouTube interview. We’ll get who we need :indi:

Our 2nd choices haven’t been too bad either! 

:howe:

Edited by PauloGeordio

Just now, ATB said:

Come on. Couldnt say something earlier? Wast of time. Good riddance.

He would have been interested enough to hear us out and receive an offer.

Parish has since held talks with him, and has likely made him some promises and perhaps offered him an increase in salary to match.

No big deal. 

There were a number of people that were approached and interviewed. Speak to the next best fit.

Worked well last time.

8 minutes ago, KaKa said:

He would have been interested enough to hear us out and receive an offer.

Parish has since held talks with him, and has likely made him some promises and perhaps offered him an increase in salary to match.

No big deal. 

There were a number of people that were approached and interviewed. Speak to the next best fit.

Worked well last time.

If he truly dont want to commit then it better not, for sure.

On 20/05/2024 at 17:59, MagMal said:

I get where you are coming from and if being at Palace is everything he wants in life then good luck to him, but if he is ambitious and wants to see how far he can go in his career then we are the perfect place for his next step. Yes there are bigger clubs than us but with respect to Palace our potential now we have owners who are prepared to invest is massive, if we still had Ashley then no argument stay where you are!.

I suppose it all comes down to if he wants to see how far he can go but we all hark back to the days of players been loyal to clubs so maybe he is just that kind of guy.

Personally not taking Football Insider as any form of source - aggregator of clickbait and no more - and recent snippet not news. Could still happen.

My earlier response was that there was zero chance of Dougie leaving or agreeing to midseason. None. As it happens Palace now look an interesting prospect and I wouldn't take it as a lack of ambition to see how far that can go in the next 12-18 months.  More an ambition fulfilled. Doubt if salary is the issue - more reassurances about direction of travel with outgoing transfers. 

Newcastle obvs have a higher ceiling but in some senses he'd be moving back. You still have a lot of deadwood to clear  - that process is almost done at Palace now (albeit at a lower level) and has taken a good 3 seasons - and rationally until you have cleared the dead wood there are limits to how far you can go. It's about managing the departures as well as the incomings. Fighting the uber machines you need to make every pound in salary and transfer fee pay. At the level you're aiming for you really do need 22 starters with cover in every position to compete on equal terms - that will take years to achieve and otherwise you're relying on no Euro football and injury droughts. 

You can't dismiss the time invested as an attraction to stay, or at least I know I wouldn't. Imagine being able to watch the development of all the time and energy you've put into a project start to come to light. Now imagine having to leave all that behind and start again from scratch. Plus Dougie is a Palace lad through and through, so it'll probably mean even more to him that he's doing it for 'his club'. 

Some of the expectations here are similar to how Man U fans act. 

7 minutes ago, Palace fan said:

Newcastle obvs have a higher ceiling but in some senses he'd be moving back. You still have a lot of deadwood to clear  - that process is almost done at Palace now (albeit at a lower level) and has taken a good 3 seasons - and rationally until you have cleared the dead wood there are limits to how far you can go. It's about managing the departures as well as the incomings. Fighting the uber machines you need to make every pound in salary and transfer fee pay. At the level you're aiming for you really do need 22 starters with cover in every position to compete on equal terms - that will take years to achieve and otherwise you're relying on no Euro football and injury droughts. 

Tbf that's the job we'd be hiring him to do, so if he doesn't want to do it then better to find someone that does.

2 minutes ago, OCK said:

You can't dismiss the time invested as an attraction to stay, or at least I know I wouldn't. Imagine being able to watch the development of all the time and energy you've put into a project start to come to light. Now imagine having to leave all that behind and start again from scratch. Plus Dougie is a Palace lad through and through, so it'll probably mean even more to him that he's doing it for 'his club'. 

Some of the expectations here are similar to how Man U fans act. 

Wouldn't quite go that far, but yeah, there's nothing to get our knickers in a twist about here. No point in risking looking like dicks about it. We obviously like him, he's obviously interested, but it might not quite be right for one party or the other for a load of respectable reasons. And that's fine. 

Personally, I'm just pleased to see us working through it all methodically and with an open mind.

2 minutes ago, 80 said:

Wouldn't quite go that far, but yeah, there's nothing to get our knickers in a twist about here. No point in risking looking like dicks about it. We obviously like him, he's obviously interested, but it might not quite be right for one party or the other for a load of respectable reasons. And that's fine. 

Personally, I'm just pleased to see us working through it all methodically and with an open mind.

We’ll get the right man for the job. For all we know Doug could be second choice! Either way, we’re progressing with the rebuild. 

4 hours ago, The Prophet said:

Not the greatest source, but seems to fit the mood music.

Yeah think I'll wait for a decent source but you have to respect his decision if Crystal Palace are close to his heart.

Respect the decision if he feels he wants to see out a vision at Palace.

Would be slightly hypocritical otherwise considering where we find ourselves with Dan the rat.

Hopefully the other candidates are top notch also.

Just now, OCK said:

Clicked on replies and was presented with some stunning breasts. [emoji38] Twitter ffs. 

Ypu. Same. With my lass next to me. Near dropped my phone in front of her in fear ?

1 minute ago, OCK said:

Clicked on replies and was presented with some stunning breasts. [emoji38] Twitter ffs. 

Haha, it's worth a click for them alone 

Just now, Dokko said:

Ypu. Same. With my lass next to me. Near dropped my phone in front of her in fear ?

:grrm: