Sporting Director / Director of Football

r0cafella

I would love Maldini to get the job - he helped build a title winning side at Milan.  He's also a legend.

5 minutes ago, duo said:

I would love Maldini to get the job - he helped build a title winning side at Milan.  He's also a legend.

Already loves Botman

1 hour ago, PauloGeordio said:

Club did say they’d take as long as it takes to get the right fit! Our current staff will sort this window out if needs be. 

Yep, I'm firmly in the no rush camp.

Maldini ffs [emoji38]

Any top DOF job made available in Italy and he would be constantly be linked to it. He would probably welcome any offer to coming his way too, since that's his native country.

Would personally stay clear, although he obviously knows his stuff.

3 minutes ago, dcmk said:

Maldini ffs [emoji38]

Any top DOF job made available in Italy and he would be constantly be linked to it. He would probably welcome any offer to coming his way too, since that's his native country.

Would personally stay clear, although he obviously knows his stuff.

Couldn’t you say that about anyone working in a different country about their native country or does it only strictly apply to Maldini and Italy :lol: 

4 hours ago, SUPERTOON said:

I didn’t want him simply because of his relationship with Mourinho.

Second-hand info here (from these Roma fans) so apologies if it’s wide of the mark but the general theme of their arguments were that he was just a Mourinho yes-man that added nothing significant of his own to the table.

2 minutes ago, Shays Given Tim Flowers said:

Getting Maldini out of Milan, reckon it can be done after all he’s only been there 40 years.

Out of the city or club ? Pretty sure he doesn’t work there anymore.

20 minutes ago, gdm said:

Couldn’t you say that about anyone working in a different country about their native country or does it only strictly apply to Maldini and Italy :lol: 

I'm not sure.

He's obviously very happy, settled and has never sought to leave Milan.  

If he did come, I don't think it would be difficult to imagine that rumours of moves back to his native country Italy would appear in the press sooner rather than later.

Not that I necessarily think we will go for him, but this is what Maldini has said about his next job ... 

“For my job, the alternatives (in Italy) to Milan are very limited,” he said in December. “I could never go to another Italian team. Possibly I would only evaluate the offer of a high-level foreign team. I like winning and building. Saudi Arabia could be a stimulating option, who knows.”

16 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Not that I necessarily think we will go for him, but this is what Maldini has said about his next job ... 

“For my job, the alternatives (in Italy) to Milan are very limited,” he said in December. “I could never go to another Italian team. Possibly I would only evaluate the offer of a high-level foreign team. I like winning and building. Saudi Arabia could be a stimulating option, who knows.”

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952ukvb878cov35uovsqj

Nickson. The one who’s stuck with us thick and thin and is a fucking outstanding scout. Every player signed in recent years has his blessing. 

Remember in days gone by when things like interviews, experience and suitability weren't even a consideration and ideas like "move Nobby upstairs" and were the heights of our dreams.

Was listening to Jacobs on loaded mag and he reckons Spoors and 2 others in running, one being Hugo Viana and the other an unnamed candidate from a big club in one of Europe’s top leagues.

We were linked with Maldini on April Fools Day btw. He’s the new Ottmar Hitzfeld[emoji38] with some of us trying to will it into happening .

Instead of working I’m sat at the office pondering who the closest profile to Freeman is, and it appears to be Giles at Brentford, quite surprised given that we haven’t been more heavily linked to him, especially as he’s one of us anarl. 

44 minutes ago, Emotic said:

We were linked with Maldini on April Fools Day btw. He’s the new Ottmar Hitzfeld[emoji38] with some of us trying to will it into happening .

Good times

53 minutes ago, Emotic said:

Ottomar Hitzfeld, now that brings back

some glorious memories on here :aww:, didn’t someone here put together some sort of document trying to sell the club to him or some similar bay shit crazy idea :D I hope that thread is preserved somewhere.