Sporting Director / Director of Football

r0cafella

2 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

He was yes. He did always seem like a good fit on paper, let’s hope he stays longer than dirty Dan did. 

Just reading through the announcement, didn't realise he'd been at Leipzig. His experience looks really good. Good stuff.

Okay, okay so once again the club keeps thing under wraps. 

Ignoring that though, why aren't we looking at bigger and better sponsorship deals? 

Does PIF even care? 

This feels very significant.

Can't help but feel that we've pulled our legs out of the bear trap RE ashworth and landed on our feet.

4 minutes ago, Froggy said:

We picked Ashworth over this guy. Really hoping we made the right decision, especially now he's gone to you. :lol: 

If you didn't I'm sure you'll nick him off us in a couple of years!

Just now, STM said:

yes please.

Was about to ask if his time at Southampton coincided with that really promising period they had. Looks like it did, as well as Spurs too.

This is looking like a really good move. 

Posted (edited)

Signed Amadou Haidara as well apparently - this is very good news. Hopefully we can poach some bargains around the continent.

Edited by Menace

Well that's a shock.

Looks like an excellent appointment, certainly more recruitment-focussed than an administrator type. Plus it's more evidence that we can run a tight ship when we want to, I haven't heard his name mentioned for months.

1 minute ago, Keegans Export said:

Well that's a shock.

Looks like an excellent appointment, certainly more recruitment-focussed than an administrator type. Plus it's more evidence that we can run a tight ship when we want to, I haven't heard his name mentioned for months.

Hilarious all the ITK people didn’t even mention him.

I like this appointment, but, talking about Monaco, the Balogun deal was a disaster. I hope that’s not his idea.

1 minute ago, RodneyCisse said:

Hilarious all the ITK people didn’t even mention him.

He was discussed at the start of the process on here, I think some of us were surprised we were not seemingly more interested when all the reports were leading to Dougie and Spors. 

10 hours ago, Whitley mag said:

Clearly off to join Ashworth at the Mancs, unfortunately they’re assembling a very good team off the pitch and making us look like a right bunch of plodders in comparison.

Feels like club has stagnated slightly in recent months, would like to see some positive moves off the pitch this summer and some clear direction of travel.

10 hours later any good to yi?