Sporting Director / Director of Football

r0cafella

It makes perfect sense to get him if we are aspiring for mid table, but not so much if we want top four... 😬😬

(See Tosin thread) 

6 hours ago, McDog said:

Here is the bloody thing though. It's extremely hard for people outside the place of employment to really judge. The dynamics of each staff's remit at different clubs is something we don't know. I have no idea for the reasons that I just stated. Not having a go, just it's way easier judging players as you can actually watch them, although you don't know what they were told to do on any given match film (tactical instructions they received for that match).

This is bang on. It makes our ability to assess any signing here very limited. The role of sports/football/technical director is too varied and under-defined to say with high confidence that someone will perform well, or badly, at two different clubs.

I think Kelly and him would be very astute signings as we need to spend big in other positions and we have a good central defence for next year albeit both injured.

Both are very highly rated, the fact they play in bottom/mid table teams has absolutely no influence imo, with eddie's input they will step up another level.

Both have pace, an ingredient we sorely lack with our high line pressing.

No brainer for me!

i saw it was an ITK but I did enjoy the rumour of hiring both Freedman (DOF) and Mitchell (Head of Football Operations - multi club group)

2 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

Which leads me to this question. If we are to make a “football group”, what would you call it?

Black & White Badboyz

11 minutes ago, Shays Given Tim Flowers said:

Another nail in the football coffin. 

Don’t think that would catch on tbh

1 hour ago, Jack27 said:

Which leads me to this question. If we are to make a “football group”, what would you call it?

Sports Possession-based

Like how this is progressing so quickly. Would be fantastic nabbing someone Man Utd were after too. Good stuff.

1 minute ago, Ikon said:

I want it done asap. Mainly because i want content. Interviews and such stuff.

Dougie Freedman is very media shy from what I can tell so don’t get your hopes up 

1 minute ago, Jack27 said:

Dougie Freedman is very media shy from what I can tell so don’t get your hopes up 

There'll still be a bunch of stuff that comes out giving a bit more detail on his credentials etc, which would be cool.

Just now, KaKa said:

There'll still be a bunch of stuff that comes out giving a bit more detail on his credentials etc, which would be cool.

Looking forward to the Dougie Freeman Connect4 challenge