Newcastle United 2-2 Bournemouth (17/02/24) | Reaction: pg 34

Yorkie

Great that we managed to come back to draw but it's another game where we've dropped points against a team that we absolutely should not be struggling against.

Fucking knackered after watching that, what an absolute mental game. :lol: 

Both teams could have easily won that, but a draw was a fair result. 

You keep starting a struggling, out of form player and you’re gunna have results like this. Howe’s loyalty to Burn is costing us every single game at the moment. 

Shite performance again. Absolutely naive.

Summed up by Schar at 1-1 when we need a cool head to calm the game down, he hoofed it up the pitch, giving it away, putting needless pressure on the ball. It's those moments where we need a cool head and our experienced players aren't doing it.

We are playing basketball, not football. Also fuck off with Burn man. We instantly looked better with Livramento. Enough is enough.... he will probably start at Arsenal.

Relieved and probably a fair result overall today but only 2 points gained and 12 goals conceded from these last 4 home games feels a bit depressing like. I miss the days we were borderline impossible to score against in the middle of last season.

Guest reefatoon
1 minute ago, maybe_next_year said:

We're still in the European places :lol: 

I know but he made it so dramatic [emoji38]

Just now, Andy said:

Entertaining again, but another disappointing result. We look like a bunch of school kids, suddenly seems to be no organisation or plan whatsoever. 

This! All over the fucking shop lately. 

I'm not sure he did much wrong today for all Dan Burns issues. Tino got the wrong side at the end also.

It happens, it is a fine strike and weak GK'ing.

Highlight - Miley & Gordon.

14 minutes ago, clintdempsey said:

Every single team (except Sunderland) cuts right through us. Bad luck, injuries to key players and what not - that’s not the sign of a good team or a good manager to be honest. If we can’t get more than a point from games against Forest, Luton and Bournemouth at home - questions will have to be asked? Feels shit. 

Quoting myself wanker here. Even though 2 points is a 100% better than 1 against those teams at home it’s still 99.99% shit. We’ve had some awesome results this season and memorable games but we’ve had a shit load of piss poor performances and results as well. Disappointing whichever way you look at it. 

Crazy ass match, Bournemouth could have easily scored six if they'd took their best chances.

You do have to remind yourself with a lot of these results, we might normally batter Bournemouth or Luton or Forest, but we've never really been at full strength all season long.

To still be on a unbeaten run with all the injuries shows were resilient and making slow progress.

All id ask of Eddie is to maybe consider starting Livramento going forward, Burn needs a rest, mentally and physically imo.

Edited by mighty__mag

Any result wouldn't have been unfair given the performances.

Bournemouth are a nasty side to face. They out-Newcastle'd Newcastle home and away I thought.

First game, Newcastle were gassed. This game, we constantly invigorated them I thought instead of controlling the pace of them and demoralising them.

When Joelinton got injured I thought the remainder of the season was a bit of a dead rubber and just playing from pride. Feel no different. 1 point from 6 against Luton, 1 point from 6 against Bournemouth. 3 from 6 against Forest.

Just hope Bruno doesn't feel too shit about nee Europe next year.

Just now, El Prontonise said:

We did as well at start of the 2nd half.

True. Just felt like they had more really good ones overall. I could be wrong.

Kind of a repeat of the Luton game - very open, loads of chances for other side and a fair result all round. Credit to Newcastle for fighting back twice - again. :thup:

Really lacked a striker up top today - and we also don't have much physicality in midfield. I also assume the knives will be out for Dan Burn again. For the record - was a wonder strike by Semenyo - I don't think Dan did much wrong.