Arsenal 4-1 Newcastle United (24/02/24) | Reaction: pg 43

Disco

Just now, KingArthur said:

We don't have legs in the midfield for it. Jorginho and Rice are so press resistant and Miley and Longstaff are not players who win their duels there.

Other than Joe we used to press with the same midfield

Isak doesn't look fit to me. Eddie might as well roll the dice and mix it up second half. Poor and Arsenal are on it enough to punish us. The way Arsenal are playing reminds me of our performance against Brighton last season. Just look fitter, stronger, better organized and absolutely pushed us back. That being said it's somehow only 2-0 and I'd like to think we'll at least have a shot or two on target 2nd half. 

1 minute ago, timeEd32 said:

This feels like an extreme version of the common view that we control our own destiny in every match. We’ve been bad with the ball because they’ve pressed relentlessly, and then we’ve made bad decisions to make it worse.

I don’t think we do - and I expected a defeat here - it’s the performance that’s the problem.  My comments were milder than those Shearer’s just made on the PL international broadcast …

13 minutes ago, Scoot said:

This. Midfield is the problem and has been since we lost an entire midfield (Joelinton, Willock, Tonali and Anderson).

People desperate for Tino to come in for Burn and think all our problems were solved we're always going to be in for a shock.

Said noone ever. It was a glaring problem, but faaar from the only one.