Blackburn Rovers 1-1 Newcastle United - NUFC win 4-3 on pens (27/02/24) | Reaction: pg 70

Disco

Was expecting a positive reaction, not a continuation of the other night. If we were against any better opposition we’d be losing right now. It looks we have no idea how to play as a team 

Just now, cubaricho said:

Definitely one of those matches where everyone goes oh thank god Miggy got dropped only for us to quickly realize how much we miss him when he's not playing.

I wanted him dropped, but then remember it’s only Murphy replacing him so it’s not any better.

Guest reefatoon
2 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

Loads of people absolutely love him. He's a grafter, covers lots of grass, and Man Utd once offered 50m for him apparently. 

He offers absolutely nothing, runs all day but you hardly notice him. Has to step up and do more as he is a waste of a shirt.

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

That is an absolutely massive stretch 

Yea I know but I can’t think of any reason that we can be that shit against Blackburn. It’s Blackburn man.

Was watching Isak to see what he was doing up front, he was moving around across the back line, if we could find a pass into the right channel early on, I would fancy him to be in. But most times none of our players are even aware he's making those runs.

Think we now relying on this is them playing out of skin and tiring. They are totally up for this as they should. We won't chase lose balls and either under or over hitting everything. Going long is great to mix it up but seems to be our only go to try at the min. 

Edited by nufcjmc

Just now, reefatoon said:

He offers absolutely nothing, runs all day but you hardly notice him. Has to step up and do more as he is a waste of a shirt.

He used to run all day and close players down, cut out passes etc. he’s Jack colback these days. Fucking useless.

We have absolutely no "x factor" at the minute, just look like a bunch of plodders. I really miss ASM's unpredictability at times, especially during games like this where the opposition are getting back into shape quickly. Much as I like Gordon he's really predictable most of the time. 

Just now, Chris L said:

There was a huge debate about it years ago.  Likely around the “50m” man united bid nonsense 

Wasn't just on hear. It was something that was going around in the media a bit too. I remember Talk Sport doing a bit on who was better.

1 minute ago, gbandit said:

Was expecting a positive reaction, not a continuation of the other night. If we were against any better opposition we’d be losing right now. It looks we have no idea how to play as a team 

Couldn't be more different to the other night imo, in terms of attitude and application anyway. We were totally passive then. 

Longstaff, like half the squad needs a rest and recovery. He has been run into the ground. Bit like miggy today, Murphy is somehow making me wish Miggy was on.

Over the past year even when poor, we have noticed certain things being worse in the middle without Longstaff. He is frustrating at times but he has covered a lot of ground and helped Bruno in the past.

Too many players are fatigued at this point.