Blackburn Rovers 1-1 Newcastle United - NUFC win 4-3 on pens (27/02/24) | Reaction: pg 70

Disco

1 minute ago, Pilko said:

Think Mig is a bit of a flat track bully. His best game in years at the mackems, excellent tonight, scored home and away against League 1 Rochdale and away at Morecambe and Championship WBA under Bruce in our cup run. Seems to do well against the lower league sides.

To give him credit, at least he can bully lesser teams. Some of our players (not looking at you Sean) shit their pants regardless of how bad our opponents get.

Just now, SiLvOR said:

:lol: one of the funniest handballs I've ever seen

I did that in five a side once and still cringe thinking about it. My man just does that on national television :lol:

If asked which was more likely, hearing Blackburn's PA playing Together - Hardcore Uproar before the penalties or us winning a penalty shoot-out I'd say hearing a song I've not heard outside of my control since it was the Sportsnight menu music in 1991

Edited by Jonas

5 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

League. Remember being a bairn and buzzing that everyone's favourite real man™ Joey Barton punched him in 2010.

We were owed a free one then. Happy days. 

Just now, Hanshithispantz said:

Imagine HATING Eddie Howe as much as that lad does? [emoji38]

Defies belief.

I think you’ve confused a small joke at posters like you who have excuses for everything, with an inaccurate statement which can be quickly disproven by several of my posts.

15 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Lovely pen from their young lad from Brighton btw 

Yasin Ayari, terrific player. Brought up at the same club as wor Isak, wouldn't be surprised if they know each other.

His younger brother, Taha Ayari, who had his break through season last year, is arguably even a brighter talent ;)

Just now, Big Jow said:

I think you’ve confused a small joke at posters like you who have excuses for everything, with an inaccurate statement which can be quickly disproven by several of my posts.

I don't need excuses, get our players back and go again next season and he'll have us competing again. It's absolutely mental the way yous are going on.

8 minutes ago, Pancrate1892 said:

When did we score the second goal? And why did it go to pens then

The star next to our logo means the match was drawn but and the 2 was based on the pen shoot out win - in flashscore speak

Obviously pleased we're through, but that performance was again woeful. I can't believe that after two months of blatantly obvious evidence, that a totally ineffective midfield containing Miley and Longstaff is still being selected. The press has disappeared and the standard of defending is abysmal. Performances are unacceptable and I see no sign of that changing, if anything they're getting worse. Howe needs to get it sorted otherwise I can see him being gone in the Summer. 

4 minutes ago, kingxlnc said:

Barnes was poor. Still not been a good swap him for ASM. 

I agree. But like Gordon last season. He needs time and has barely played for us. 

Thought tonight would have been a good chance for a start for him. But they sat so deep and were so organised. That he didn’t have much space to operate. Just seemed a bit timid and playing scared. 

Its not untypical to get one of those in a cup-run.

How many times did we go out undeservedly - we survived Stevenage by the skin of our teeth on the way to the final in 98 and the win at Everton was an abomonation.