FA Cup Quarter-Final Draw - Manchester City (a) - Live on BBC One

5 hours ago, Jinky said:

With Bruno and Isak there is always a chance.

Depends totally on the game plan and whether we have the players with enough confidence or desire to execute it. We might have players missing, but we do have 2 or 3 players capable of hurting them if we can get the ball to them. With Gordon and Barnes missing though, it really will depend if Miggy  and Murphy turn up. You know Isak can put them away if he gets played in on goal.

So would that be:

Dubravka

Livramento 

Schar

Lascelles

Botman

Burn

Willock

Bruno

Miggy

Isak

Gordan

In before Hall starts at LWB :lol:

3 minutes ago, Sibierski said:

If Gordon has hardly trained this week, it does feel dumb to start him. Even if he's needed, feels like there's only going to be downsides to it.

Why?

8 minutes ago, ryanegg said:

Chance of aggravating the recently recovered injury surely.

Well, yeah, but as is always the case in these situations, you have to trust they won’t do that if the risk is sizeable.

We can’t just sack an FA Cup QF off because it’s a (very) hard game.

1 hour ago, jack j said:

Quarter final of the cup and I have less hope of winning it now than I did when we entered the third round

Meh

This is normal though, right? Because you're almost always likely to be playing better or more in-form teams as you progress through the competition?

10 minutes ago, Heron said:

This is normal though, right? Because you're almost always likely to be playing better or more in-form teams as you progress through the competition?

Not always. A lot of the time the field opens up, you get contenders picking each other off and the odd cupset. This time round that’s happened to a degree (Liverpool v Arsenal, Chelsea v Villa) but it’s still a strong last 8.

9 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

Not always. A lot of the time the field opens up, you get contenders picking each other off and the odd cupset. This time round that’s happened to a degree (Liverpool v Arsenal, Chelsea v Villa) but it’s still a strong last 8.

Aye, but realistically, the odds of you playing a good side have massively increased since the third round and pretty much always will.

We have a 71% chance of playing a PL side in this round. We had a 30% chance in the third round.

I mean. I get the point being made and I'm probably being pedantic, but I just feel we're collectively being very defeatist about tonight's game. As soon as it was drawn most folk seemed to give up.

Edited by Heron

5 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Any car parking recommendations for the match today? 

I'd recommend paying for a ticket if in a designated car park so you don't get a fine. Hope that helps...