Newcastle United 3-0 Wolverhampton Wanderers (02/03/24) | Reaction: pg 17

Yorkie

1 minute ago, KingArthur said:

Wolves on the one hand look dangerous, but they still have 0 shots towards goal?

I know what you mean. With how porous we've been of late I think we're just trying to acclimatise to our defence containing a team when they do get near our box. :lol:

2 minutes ago, pubteam said:

The press is back 😀

Good!

With a stronger bench and injuries clearing up then it should be easier to maintain 

Edited by mouldy_uk

Good to see the press back. Longstaff playing high like that is where he is effective. Don’t want him anywhere near the build up. 

They’re having a lot of the ball. But not able to get in behind much so far. I feel like we have played well. But been a bit rushed and panicked in some dangerous areas. 

More goal in this for us if we keep disciplined. 

1 minute ago, andycap said:

Not seen much of it did we play well? 

Pretty decent. Bruno, Schar and Gordon the standouts. Murphy having a decent game too 

Great movement from Isak to receive the ball, and excellent ball from Schar to take out over half the Wolves team in one move ahead of our second goal.

Something very arousing watching a winger whip a cross into the box that leads to a goal too.

Edited by Conjo

Willock's nowhere near up to speed yet and he's still making a massive difference just by having some athleticism in the midfield and a better understanding of the defensive structure. Hopefully Miley is watching and learning.

Just now, Ridman said:

Credit to Schar also. Two good passes out of the defense in the build up for both goals.

Good defense too.