Newcastle United vs. Everton: 2/4/24 @ 19:30 (TNT Sports)

HaydnNUFC

Just now, Yorkie said:

Getting pig sick of this, mind. It really isn't fair on the players. 

Tricky one. As time wasting and also some stoppages that seem to take forever for whatever reason. Did used to really annoy me. Especially when I’d sometimes count around 8-9 mins at least and you’d get 4 mins added. 

But like a lot of things with modern football. It seems like we go from one extreme to the other between seasons and it’s really jarring and noticeable. 

Dubs

Trips   Burn Targett 

Krafth                                  Hall

Schar Bruno Willock

Murphy Isak Barnes 

6 minutes ago, TBG said:

Dubs

Trips   Burn Targett 

Krafth                                  Hall

Schar Bruno Willock

Murphy Isak Barnes 

The sneaky 12 player formation ;D

The currently unavailable XI

Pope

Tripps Lascelles Botman Livramento 

Tonali    Miley   Joelinton 

Miggy                                   Gordon

Wilson     

Took a look at the fixtures. So damn annoying. If we were near full strength I'd say we had a real possibility to get maximum points from all our last fixtures.

Hopefully we still have enough tto fire past Everton at home and half of that list above will be close to returning.

Livra/Krafth____Shar___Burn____Hall

Murphy__Longstaff__Bruno___Barnes

_________Anderson/Wilock_____________
__________________Isak________________

Once again Willock is slow to read the danger and track his man for one of the goals, like Palmer v Chelsea who drifted behind him unnoticed. He’s a no10 and playing him deeper is going against his instincts and costing us goals. We need to play with a partnership in the middle with proper midfielders imo and Wilock/Anderson can be the link between them and Isak, going off Anderson’s performance I’d lean towards him. Ideally I’d take Longstaff out the firing line but I feel shoehorning no10’s into deeper midfield positions is undermining us and needs to be changed, granted I understand Howe is unlikely to do this.

Willock isn't right at the minute, he's a fat better player than what we are seeing, i'd be tempted to utilise him later on.

Despite his horror moment in front of goal, longstaff actually improved as the game went on. 

Lewis hall was unreal when he came on, I think the reshuffle of the back four when krafth came on was unnecessary, him especially looked like a fish out of water at times. Lewis hall should have not only come on, but should be starting by now. Anderson has earned the right to start in recent games especially with willock and longstaff struggling.

I love the width Murphy gives from the right, but also love the threat from Barnes doing the opposite coming in on that right peg, Barnes especially more effective with a mobile lefty behind him.

GK dubs

RB trippier/livramento (whoever is fit)

CB schar

CB burn

LB hall

RM longstaff/willock 

CM Bruno

LM Anderson

RWF Murphy

CF isak

LWF Barnes

Subs 

Tea lady

Maxi

Irish Murphy

Mad dog

Pancrate 

Id rather play Murphy at RB than Krafth if Trippier/Lord Livra are both out. Obviously leaves us short for RW, but might try out Anderson there. 

Willock was poor yesterday and needs game time.  It's a shame we're in the position where we have to start players out of form but that's been the story of the season 

14 hours ago, Yorkie said:

Getting pig sick of this, mind. It really isn't fair on the players. 

There was this suggestion about a total of 60 min effective playing time where the clock stops whenever the ball is not in play. I don't see why not? It would still increase from the around 55 min average of last season (I believe it was around that), while also being fair for all, and also not put too much strain on the players. No point in time wasting in that system. The current system of trying to achieve 80-90 min of ball in play is a little bit too much for the players. Games might finish some minutes earlier than last season if that matters (time started vs time finished), but you still get 60 min of action. The time that you lose is ball out of play anyways.

Edited by Erikse

If we beat these AND Fulham whilst Man U draw at Chelsea then get beat off Liverpool we'll be above them. 

Not that I'm trying to force a rivalry that doesn't exist or have any realistic expectation that those set of results are likely but would be canny funny. 

Everton went through a period where they were galvanised by the points deduction but that didn’t last long, they haven’t won away since before Christmas and don’t look like turning it around.

This should be a straight forward win for us.

7 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

Everton went through a period where they were galvanised by the points deduction but that didn’t last long, they haven’t won away since before Christmas and don’t look like turning it around.

This should be a straight forward win for us.

Our defending means we won’t have any straightforward victories, still think we will get the win here though.