Newcastle United vs. Everton: 2/4/24 @ 19:30 (TNT Sports)

HaydnNUFC

0-1 with 10 minutes to go, we bringing on Parkinson to try and grab a goal, or we bringing him on cause I've accepted defeat so it's a good opportunity to give him minutes, I will however still complain that we had to resort to bringing on Phillips.

Our back line is a bit concerning, I hope Hall puts in a good performance because I feel that he tends to lack positionally and over commits at times and there’s just not enough pace across the 4 to dig us out a hole if a mistake is made. 

1 minute ago, Novocastrian said:

Barnes, Anderson, Hall should be jumping out of their foreskins. Need a high energy and intensive start to demoralise Everton quickly.

Fucking hell, I hope not. That’d rule them out for at least the rest of April.

Edited by christ

How is Ashley young a starting RM for a club in the prem in 2024. 

We must get the 3 points here regardless of the squad being super thin atm. Glad this one’s at home the atmosphere needs to be really good to give them some energy. 

3-1 win. Isak Barnes Anderson 

Just now, Nine said:

Our back line is a bit concerning, I hope Hall puts in a good performance because I feel that he tends to lack positionally and over commits at times and there’s just not enough pace across the 4 to dig us out a hole if a mistake is made. 

In fairness that’s three quarters of the back four hauled us out of trouble season before last.

1 minute ago, LiquidAK said:

I think that's a fairly strong team tbh. Bench is a nightmare, but definitely feel we can win here 

I think it’s poor apart from Schar, Barnes, Isak and Bruno.

Absolutely nowt we can do about it though and those that get on the backs of the players should the worst happen can gtf.

Just now, Sima said:

Absolutely nowt we can do about it though and those that get on the backs of the players should the worst happen can gtf.

Hope the crowd play their part tonight! Team need the lift and energy! 

2 minutes ago, Sima said:

Hall has looked great whenever he's played. Krafth is normally reliable, hopefully his cameo on Saturday was just a blip. Anderson looked great coming on with energy. It's a strong starting 11 imo, not our strongest by any means, but enough to beat these twats 

Edited by LiquidAK

6 minutes ago, astraguy said:

Beto will be the one we need to keep quiet with that defense

Yeah, for all your injury woes, their team really doesn’t look great either.

Just now, LiquidAK said:

Hall has looked great whenever he's played. Krafth is normally reliable, hopefully his cameo on Saturday was just an under Howe blip. Anderson looked great coming on with energy. It's a strong starting 11 imo, not our strongest by any means, but enough to beat these twats 

Agreed :indi:

15 minutes ago, sempuki said:

Back to 2 keepers on the bench....

Makes no sense to me like put young alfie harrison on instead of Gillespie. 

Not too bothered about Willock starting on the bench, he's an impact player who can make a difference if we need a goal.

3 minutes ago, Ronson333 said:

Lads we’ve got players desperate to make an impression, might work in our favour 

Was thinking the same thing. Would really love to see Hall and Elliott try to make a name for themselves tonight.