Fulham 0-1 Newcastle United (06/04/23) | Reaction: pg 44

Yorkie

12 minutes ago, Begbie said:

Great to get the 3 points, but that was a shit show.

What I notice is that some of the players arent listening to the instructions from Howe. Ie. Often this season you can see Howe screaming to Gordon and try to get him to track back but he looks like not responding. Gordon has been one of our best players this season, imo before xmas he was tracking more back. The way Howe wants us to play(like we played last season) everyone has to be on board and work for each other, is he starting to loose some players? I cant see Bruno and Isak wanting to stay if we in the future play like we have done for most of this season. 

Hard-fought 1-0 away win with half the squad missing and you are speculating if Howe has lost the players? Fucking desperate to have a whinge.

23 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

Also people keep having a pop at halls defensive skills but correct me if I’m wrong but in last three games none of the goals we conceded was when he was on the pitch.

So this is a strange one. He does seem a bit weak defensively but when beaten it seems to be mostly on the outside. Maybe now we have BDB in the middle crosses into the box are more easily dealt with 

'Gritty' away win, after a really poor first half. Really good finish by Bruno for the winner, after VAR seemed intent on denying us the win, with Schar's earlier strike.

More injuries though. It's never ending. ???

I'm convinced Willock wasn't an injury. He's got the heart of a pea. I absolutely adore him as a player but he's another player that I'd listen to offers for if we need cash.

2 minutes ago, Pata said:

Hard-fought 1-0 away win with half the squad missing and you are speculating if Howe has lost the players? Fucking desperate to have a whinge.

Init :lol: 

I can understand people criticising the first half hour. As it was tragic. But we grew into it and despite Fulham having all the ball. They barely threatened second half bar loads of corners. We were a bit wasteful and arguably had the better of it on chances in the end. 

4 minutes ago, Hovagod said:

Boring.

I actually said jokingly early that if we won 5 - 0 someone would be pissed it wasn’t six but he’s almost proved me right lol.

Used to be tricky customers these.  Proper got their number now.

5 wins in a row, 6wins and two draws in the last 8, if I'm not mistaken

Charlton went the same way after being a right pain in the erse.

3 minutes ago, Big Geordie said:

'Gritty' away win, after a really poor first half. Really good finish by Bruno for the winner, after VAR seemed intent on denying us the win, with Schar's earlier strike.

More injuries though. It's never ending. ???

I honestly couldn’t give a shit that Willocks injured.

20 minutes ago, Pancrate1892 said:

Howe seems to love to have a team he knows he can change. 

Fair play if it works 

It wasn’t working though. I understand bringing Barnes and Anderson back from injury but start them and then take them off after say an hour. 

2 minutes ago, Jonas said:

Used to be tricky customers these.  Proper got their number now.

5 wins in a row, 6wins and two draws in the last 8, if I'm not mistaken

Charlton went the same way after being a right pain in the erse.

Still have nightmares about that 3-4 home game against them around 91, 3 up and pissing it at one point, last minute own goal to lose.

Terrible first 20 minutes from us but we seemed to come into it a bit more after.

Second half was a lot better but wasn't fantastic. But I'm not going to slate anyone as we're down to the bare bones now and we've been in a similar position most the season. Yet we still find ourselves in the hunt for Europe and have take 7 points fro  the last 9 available. 

Get in lads!

7 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

That was more down to Fulham and their final ball decision making rather than good defending on our part, they were walking through us in the first half.

Again - they’ve scored against every team since January so they can’t be that going forward.

1 minute ago, Gawalls said:

Again - they’ve scored against every team since January so they can’t be that going forward.

How does that make what I said any less factual?

7 minutes ago, STM said:

I'm convinced Willock wasn't an injury. He's got the heart of a pea. I absolutely adore him as a player but he's another player that I'd listen to offers for if we need cash.

I'll be interested to see if there's anything to that injury, because while I do have doubts on his hunger and desire at this level, I'd be surprised if he was faking an injury.

1 minute ago, TRon said:

I'll be interested to see if there's anything to that injury, because while I do have doubts on his hunger and desire at this level, I'd be surprised if he was faking an injury.

I'm sure there was a twinge or whatever but some players lack bottle for the battle.

I don't like Longstaff but in the same circumstances Longstaff stays on the pitch.

If he was injured when he stole the ball and got kicked, it definitely only looked like a knock and hopefully nothing more serious. He's searching for his form but we simply need every player possible to just be available for this stretch. 

Edited by Pata

Just now, STM said:

I'm sure there was a twinge or whatever but some players lack bottle for the battle.

I don't like Longstaff but in the same circumstances Longstaff stays on the pitch.

I mean without actually knowing what the injury was, that's quite an accusation.

7 minutes ago, LionOfGosforth said:

Still have nightmares about that 3-4 home game against them around 91, 3 up and pissing it at one point, last minute own goal to lose.

You'll never guess who's shot was deflected in for the winner...

1 minute ago, TRon said:

I mean without actually knowing what the injury was, that's quite an accusation.

Oh it's absolutely based on nowt. Lucky it's a football forum and I'm not a paid journalist.

Whatever the reason, he's miles off it.

8 minutes ago, LionOfGosforth said:

From my first season (88/89) think we beat them once (at Upton Park under KK) and every game was brutal until the CL Sir Bobby win, not sure we lost after that.

4 minutes ago, STM said:

Oh it's absolutely based on nowt. Lucky it's a football forum and I'm not a paid journalist.

Whatever the reason, he's miles off it.

Yeah he is. I said in the pre-game build up we needed him to step up if he was going to replace Elliott, and he didn't look up for it.

6 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

You'll never guess who's shot was deflected in for the winner...

Has to be Rob Lee then?

Lass I was mates with had her birthday read out at half-time that game. Cursing c**t