Newcastle United 4-0 Tottenham Hotspur (13/04/24) | Reaction: pg 36

Yorkie

Still think we need a 3rd to sew this tie up as we will get leggy later on and our bench is horrific. Having said that Howe has the tactics perfect we've soaked up any pressure and hit them fast on the break. Should be 3 or 4 to the good but probably our best football since the first few games last year.

We should honestly be 4 up. Have to keep that pressure up 2nd half. Can't sit back, moving back into a 5 is giving us the protection to fly forward when we win it backΒ 

Surprised I haven't heard anyone giving Eddie the credit for absolutely schooling Posty.Β 

Β 

Mid-block and counter has killed them.

What a fucking half.Β  As soon as Werner missed that chance, it seemed to just completely flip the balance of the game.Β  Shame we're not too out of sight already though, deserved even more.

1 minute ago, Stifler said:

Barnes offers us so much man, it’s unreal, especially with Gordon on the other side not giving them the chance to double up on them.

Β 

Whoever is saying we could sell Isak in the summer to fund buys, give your head a shake man. We are not finding another forward like him who would come to Newcastle for less than what we would get for him.

I think we aren’t finding another forward like him. Full stop. I wouldn’t even take 150m for him. He’s a generational talent. I hate throwing that word around but I think he’s transformative. Top 3 strikers in the world for me (but I’m biased as a Newcastle supporter and as an East African. We hardly produce footballers. I think the last one from east Africa was Wanyama lolΒ 
Β 

Just now, STM said:

Surprised I haven't heard anyone giving Eddie the credit for absolutely schooling Posty.Β 

Β 

I've said since December that's how we should play with our injuries hit them with our pace on the counter.Β 

Just now, STM said:

Β 

I've been critical that we don't do this in other games, so well done Eddie!