Newcastle United vs. Sheffield United: 27/4/24 @ 15:00 (No UK TV)

HaydnNUFC

Just now, Optimistic Nut said:

Two viable options from the bench. We're getting there.

Sounds like there could be 3/4 by next week. Trippier and Miggy hopefully.

I know he's carrying an injury, but given how bad Longstaff's been playing, trying White instead doesn't seem that much of a stretch really.

Still hope Sean plays well, and sticks two fingers up to that and scores a couple

5 minutes ago, maybe_next_year said:

One day in the not too distance future, we'll have a bench without Dummet & Richie. 

I know it's a bit disrespectful to good, professional footballers whom I like, but the day we have a bench without fringe youth players who'd never be close to the first team if not for injuries, two keepers, Krafth, Dummett & Ritchie should be a local flag day tbh.

3 minutes ago, Conjo said:

I know it's a bit disrespectful to good, professional footballers whom I like, but the day we have a bench without fringe youth players who'd never be close to the first team if not for injuries, two keepers, Krafth, Dummett & Ritchie should be a local flag day tbh.

Just having two good options of the bench seems like a treat after this season. 

2 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

Anyone with knowledge of how their teams looking/missing anyone?

Unchanged starting XI from the Man U game: 

Sheff Utd XI: Foderingham, Holgate, Ahmedhodzic, Trusty, Bogle, Hamer, Arblaster, Brooks, Osborn, Archer, Brereton Diaz

Subs: Grbic, Norwood, Robinson, Souza, Ben Slimane, Larouci, Curtis, Osula, Marsh

8 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

Anyone with knowledge of how their teams looking/missing anyone?

Presumably they are missing mcatee, mcburnie,Davies and possibly Egan from their first choice. Souza normally plays but benched last few. Can't think of any more they have

14 minutes ago, STM said:

I thought Hall looked sharp against Palace when he came on.

Definitely. Kudos to Anderson and Murphy filling in where needed but as soon as hall came on you could tell there was a massive difference with a player who knows how to play that position. 

Good to see we have Wilson and Barnes. Amazing that we are celebrating having two fit first team quality subs haha. What a season 

26 minutes ago, STM said:

Murphy will have a blinder. 

He needs to after Wednesday. Hopefully his first touch will be better when he's further up the pitch, it got shown up badly when he was asked to play wing back.

28 minutes ago, STM said:

Impressed he's decided to bring Barnes back out. Makes entire sense.

Bold move which I respect. Feels like we haven't had that "you're as good as your last game" selection vibe for a long time.

Just now, 80 said:

Bold move which I respect. Feels like we haven't had that "you're as good as your last game" selection vibe for a long time.

If that was the case, Murphy wouldn’t play 😂

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

Well, most of the eleven wouldn't, but you can only do so much... I'm not holding it against him, but Barnes was properly shit the other day.

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

Tbf, Murphy's had some decent games on the RW, and Barnes tends to look far more dangerous when coming off the bench.