Newcastle United 5-1 Sheffield United (27/04/24) | Reaction: pg 33

Yorkie

Just now, Ronson333 said:

You think about next season and look at this performance. Really bad and Howe needs to sort it out.

Or you think back to the Spurs game with folk talking about 4th still being a possibility. Guessing we're closer to relegation fodder now.

Just now, LionOfGosforth said:

What a fun match thread, you'd think we were 5 down to Rochdale :lol:

We could have been 3-1 down easy though :lol: against a championship team.

Edited by Aiston

Might as well be, Sheffield United is the worst team that has been in the PL in quite a while.

:bruce: NOBODY WANTS TO BLOODY LOSE TO ROCHDALE

We are much better when we show patience and move the ball around. It's the needless punts that put us under pressure.

Just now, STM said:

We are much better when we show patience and move the ball around. It's the needless punts that put us under pressure.

Yep.  Just need to calm down a little.  I think we’ve settled down a bit, but it’s our own unforced errors that are causing problems. 

1 minute ago, ElDiablo said:

We're so clumsy in the build up.

Don't really have many that are creative in a build up. Hopefully change that in the summer.

we could do with working out a way of getting Longstaff out of the team for the rest of the season to take him out of the firing line. I fear his loss in confidence is so bad it might be permanent. 

I feel desperately sorry for him but I'd love to see a timeline where we'd be this season if Longstaff was a bench player and Pope stayed fit. I'd wager we'd be in a similar position to Villa.

I can't believe Sheff United went as far as to put some swords on their badge. Shocking turn of events in the continious trend of PIF influence. 

1 minute ago, Smal said:

we could do with working out a way of getting Longstaff out of the team for the rest of the season to take him out of the firing line. I fear his loss in confidence is so bad it might be permanent. 

At least he's keeping it simple to get his confidence back and not wastefully surrendering possession by trying elaborate and unnecessary back heels