Newcastle United 5-1 Sheffield United (27/04/24) | Reaction: pg 33

Yorkie

2 minutes ago, Pata said:

Eddie to not get the sack after 13 minutes? :dontknow:

Just heat in the moment. its not the first time, but yeah thats pointless.

2 minutes ago, nufc123 said:

It was the whole first half to be fair and not only for a few minutes.

But the crazed reactions were from the very start. Dunno, maybe let the game shake out a bit, there are 2 teams out there and Sheff Utd had it all on the line today, they were obviously not just going to roll over from minute 1.

1 minute ago, Vinny Green Balls said:

I think the point was after a few minutes it was like that.

Palace game probably had something to do with it. After that performance you would think there was a positive reaction, but we showed no interest to do better.

5 minutes ago, nufc123 said:

Palace game probably had something to do with it. After that performance you would think there was a positive reaction, but we showed no interest to do better.

It could have been after the 4-1 against PSG how a few here react.

It was always going to be a rough start, SU had to come out swinging to prevent the final nail in their coffin and we came off the back of an horrific displaý and a rightful loss to Palace.

Having said that we didn't seem up for it at all in the first half and we're lucky to go in on level terms. Always felt like we just needed to weather the storm though and let confidence build.

I think the first half was all a mental problem today fwiw and you can't really blame anyone for it. Team that has 16 points and who we beat 8-0 away surprised us with their impressive intensity and we couldn't really answer until the regroup at HT. I'm sure the mantra from the coaching staff before the match was that there are no easy games at this level but players still thought it would be easy.

2 minutes ago, Pata said:

you can't really blame anyone for it.

players still thought it would be easy.

Surely those two sentences contradict each other

Our midfield was so poor on the transition today. They basically had the whole pitch to attack. Anderson and Longstaff were nowhere to be seen. 

2 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Surely those two sentences contradict each other

Yeah, meant blame individually. Collective attitude problem from the players. And there's no way Eddie and the others didn't try to prevent it pre-match.

Edited by Pata

2 minutes ago, Vinny Green Balls said:

It could have been after the 4-1 against PSG how a few here react.

I can only talk for myself, but today was the angriest I have been in a while. When we play one of the worst game this season against Palace, and we follow it up with a like for like terrible performance first half, thats not good enough at all. SU was close to a 0-2, 0-3 lead after 20 min. 

4 minutes ago, joeyt said:

The PA bloke giving the 4th goal to Bruno was so weird.

Literally no one in the ground thought he'd scored it

Yeah and he announced the subs before the goalscorer too. The only thing I could make out about that goal was that it wasn’t Bruno :lol:

1 minute ago, nufc123 said:

I can only talk for myself, but today was the angriest I have been in a while. When we play one of the worst game this season against Palace, and we follow it up with a like for like terrible performance first half, thats not good enough at all. SU was close to a 0-2, 0-3 lead after 20 min. 

anyway it’s not a big deal. I have a lot more time for match reactions than I do with shit like people saying that Howe has completely lost it from a few post match comments.

24 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

How was the atmosphere today? Sounded like a friendly, but TV can be misleading.

The “Matt Ritchie, he drives what he wants” chants were good. Atmosphere was decent at the start and even after their goal if a bit techy. Once the pen went in it completely died on its arse. 

Today was exactly the same as Luton, West Ham and others, the difference being that SU couldn't hit a barn door, meaning we were playing the second half at 1-1 rather than the uphill slog of a 3 goal deficit.

We are insatiable in attack and poor in transition. We have been for ages and we all know why.

Absolutely atrocious first 25 minutes, once they went behind they crumbled and we put them to the sword. Should've scored 7 or 8 in the end really but they should've scored more given their first half performance as well.

We definitely have a hattrick curse on us, like. :lol: Thought Isak was bound to get it today but was not to be. 

Also disappointed at the number of early leavers today. Ground looked like it would if we were 0-2 down in stoppage time towards the end. Just stay and clap the lads off after a 5-1 win, ffs.

1 minute ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Also disappointed at the number of early leavers today. Ground looked like it would if we were 0-2 down in stoppage time towards the end. Just stay and clap the lads off after a 5-1 win, ffs.

Aye I was in the leazes and thought it was a strange atmosphere today, pretty quiet throughout the game. Credit to the Sheff Utd fans, were loud from start to end

2 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Aye I agree, was ridiculous.

Be interesting to see how many stay back after the Brighton game for the lap of honour. Probably result depending, which is fickle as fuck. 

3 hours ago, BonesJones said:

Did I hear 'the most goals scored against the same team in a Premier League season' from the commentators?

Cant be very many teams who concede 13 over two matches in any league.