Burnley vs. Newcastle United: 4/5/24 @ 15:00 (No UK TV)

HaydnNUFC

Will be on the 1.05 train from Manchester. If you see a big sexy bastard in a retro away top say hi. New ground for me and our local derby in the league this season I believe. 

1 minute ago, r0cafella said:

Schar out for season is a disaster. 3 centre half’s down. Will it ever end. 

Alex Murphy szn

Doubt any of the players coming back will start tbh, so imagine it'll be the same team as last week but with Krafth instead of Schar.

1 minute ago, 54 said:

Doubt any of the players coming back will start tbh, so imagine it'll be the same team as last week but with Krafth instead of Schar.

Pope

Tino Krafth Burn Hall

Longstaff Bruno J7

Gordon Isak Barnes

run it back Eddie

Given the only team in the bottom half I'd say we've comfortably beaten away this season is Sheffield United not feeling confident about this one.

Feel like we need to go back to last year's model of playing it long to the flank and putting the squeeze on in their half, rather than trying to pass out of the back, which we can't do. Play more of a territory game.

Either way we need to show up and stop playing like a bunch of fucking pussies letting everyone overpower us in the middle, like we have done away most of the year.

They're desperate for a result, we're poor away...but sometimes they are down there for a reason and if their defense is still rubbish we should put several past them

This will be a high press job for Eddie. Burnley try to play out from the back and I'd be looking to catch them out in that area.

As much as I get the counter attacking idea, you can't sit back against Burnley, it sends entirely the wrong message.

In an ideal world I'd have Miggy, Joelinton and Pope straight into the starting 11.... Eddie won't, I wouldn't be surprised to see Pope start though.

Posted (edited)

To have Miggy, Joelinton, Wilson and Barnes on the bench entirely changes the complexion of our game. If its a narrow scoreline in the second half, we should finish strong.

Edited by STM

Feel like this is a pretty big game now after Chelsea's result last night. You would imagine they will beat West Ham at home so if we were to lose here we would be below them. 

If we can win, hopefully Palace continue their current form and beat Man Utd at home and we can potentially go 6th.

Dubs

Krafth  Burn Dummett

Tino                              Hall

|   Longstaff  Bruno     |

V                                   V

Gordon   Isak    Barnes

6 minutes ago, TBG said:

Dubs

Krafth  Burn Dummett

Tino                              Hall

|   Longstaff  Bruno     |

V                                   V

Gordon   Isak    Barnes

We cant play Dummet man.

2 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

Listened to the GallowgateShots podcast for this one, apparently the ref has booked Bruno in two of the games he’s ref’d this season already.

That's fine. He can book Bruno, as long as he doesn't send him off.

This is the sort of game crying out for Gordon and Miggy on the wings and Isak up top pressing all game. Burnley have been battered all season when they play out from the back but keep doing it. High press, high intensity and Isak could have a hat trick by half time. J7 would be great addition to have back with no Schar, but would rather have him get thirty and be fully fit for United away instead - that’s a must win if we want Europa League.

15 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

Listened to the GallowgateShots podcast for this one, apparently the ref has booked Bruno in two of the games he’s ref’d this season already.

Not sure where GallowgateShots are getting they’re info from, but it’s bollocks.

Anthony Taylor’s done 3 of our games this season and booked Bruno once. 

4 minutes ago, SteV said:

Not sure where GallowgateShots are getting they’re info from, but it’s bollocks.

Anthony Taylor’s done 3 of our games this season and booked Bruno once. 

Also fairly irrelevant, Bruno usually gets deserved bookings. If anything he walks the line closer to red than yellow most of the time.

13 minutes ago, TRC said:

Also fairly irrelevant, Bruno usually gets deserved bookings. If anything he walks the line closer to red than yellow most of the time.

During what period this season?