Tosin Adarabioyo: set to sign at expiry of Fulham contract (Various)

Jack27

6 minutes ago, Erikse said:

Do you think Liverpool expected Endo to be the new Fabinho? Or that Arsenal expected Trossard to be better than Martinelli? Maybe he has been lately, but usually Martinelli is the main guy. He has had a dip in form. Both of these signings has done okay, like expected. Trossard has helped them a lot with rotation. I expect Tosin to be better than both Burn and Lascelles.

That's two poor examples.

Endo was a panic buy after Caicedo and Lavia turned Liverpool down. He's been OK but he's nowhere near as good as Fabinho. So Liverpool are weaker in that area.

Trossard cost 30m and is a quality signing. No different to say Barnes. So exactly what we already have been doing.

I'm not really sure what the debate point is here?

I want them to sign quality and quality costs.

It's been two years since the takeover, we have a horrific injury crisis. I'll take a bet that this is the last year of us having to play "the old guard", like Dummett and Richie.

We may have a Murphy or Krafth still knocking about but they will be 3rd choice.

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, STM said:

That's two poor examples.

Endo was a panic buy after Caicedo and Lavia turned Liverpool down. He's been OK but he's nowhere near as good as Fabinho. So Liverpool are weaker in that area.

Trossard cost 30m and is a quality signing. No different to say Barnes. So exactly what we already have been doing.

I'm not really sure what the debate point is here?

I want them to sign quality and quality costs.

And I believe that Tosin is a quality player who can fight for the spot, his price means that we can spend more on quality in other position. We don't need him to be a superstar. If he is better than Burn and Lascelles, then it will help us a lot. Again, Trossard is quality, but he is still fighting for his spot, and not really a regular. Just like I expect Tosin to be here, who knows, maybe he will be a starter. What's the big difference here?

Edited by Erikse

1 minute ago, Erikse said:

And I believe that Tosin is a quality player who can fight for the spot, his price means that we can spend more on quality in other position. We don't need him to be a superstar. If he is better than Burn and Lascelles, then it will help us a lot. Again, Trossard is quality, but he is still fighting for his spot. Just like I expect Tosin to be here. What's the big difference here?

I said I thought Tosin would be a great signing so we are in agreement but his price makes it a no brainer.

My wider point is that the club won't be making 5 20m pound signings. They are much more likely to make 2 50m signings and rightly so.

3 minutes ago, STM said:

I said I thought Tosin would be a great signing so we are in agreement but his price makes it a no brainer.

My wider point is that the club won't be making 5 20m pound signings. They are much more likely to make 2 50m signings and rightly so.

Right, I guess I misunderstood what you were saying then.

1 hour ago, The Bonk said:

People believe it because they watched City and Chelsea spend their way to success buying top name players.

I do agree with you, however and look at current state Chelsea to show it doesn’t always work out.

Too many people are obsessed with Man City and Chelsea tbh, especially as both went about things with some dodgy practices.

Just now, Rafalove said:

Fucking Chelsea :lol: I know they’re coming good and all that but why would you go there with the rate they dispose of players.

Big salary, long contract and don’t need to move house. Very appealing. 

27 minutes ago, Kimbo said:

Negotiating a contract with Boehly is a dream for most footballers. He’s the biggest mug in the sport.

Boehly negotiating.

"£100k a week? £200k. £300k? £400k????"

28 minutes ago, Elric said:

This guy isn't leaving London, like. 

He was at man city like so I doubt he is married to the south 

31 minutes ago, Menace said:

Ben Jacobs doesn't really add anything new does he I've noticed

He's a Chelsea mouthpiece these days.

He was useful during the Hall deal though.

Fofana, Disasi, Silva, Badiadshile, Colwill and Chalobah ...

Chelsea are such a crazy club man, really weird, if they're really looking at Tosin too.

Just merge this back into the Transfer Rumours thread and chuck a one week ban @Jack27 just to rein him in next time he gets the itch to start a new thread.

1 minute ago, TRon said:

Just merge this back into the Transfer Rumours thread and chuck a one week ban @Jack27 just to rein him in next time he gets the itch to start a new thread.

I agree

Posted (edited)

Spurs have Van de Ven & Romero  who will be 1st choice then Dragusin.. Tosin would only be a squad player there.. With Botman and Lascelles both out he would be a starter with us

Edited by johnny36

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Fofana, Disasi, Silva, Badiadshile, Colwill and Chalobah ...

Chelsea are such a crazy club man, really weird, if they're really looking at Tosin too.

Silva is done. That might be why. Fofana has barely played for them. They still have good coverage though.. Seems like a machine gun approach where they think that buying in numbers means that some of them has to succeed.

Edited by Erikse

6 minutes ago, Erikse said:

Silva is done. That might be why. Fofana has barely played for them. They still have good coverage though.. Seems like a machine gun approach where they think that buying in numbers means that some of them has to succeed.

They're both still on the books though, so it would be mental. Especially as they still have another 4 centre backs outside of those two still.

They don't seem to have a plan. If you join them you probably then get someone bought in ahead of you in a year again. Madness.

Be very surprised if he goes to Chelsea.

1 hour ago, Menace said:

Ben Jacobs doesn't really add anything new does he I've noticed

I don't find many do apart from Ornstein and Fab. Everyone else has a poor record. 

If Chelsea are genuinely in for him then they'll probably get him tbh. He'll get a big, fat 6 or 7 year contract, join a much bigger club and continue to live in one of the best cities in the world. That's got to appeal to a rich young man

8 minutes ago, Menace said:

He wouldn't even need to relocate if he moves to Chelsea. I can see the appeal to be honest.

If the decision is about not having to move house that would be ridiculous.

The initial reports stated he was leaning towards Newcastle because of the more clearly defined role in the team and working with Howe. That makes a lot more sense to me.