Tosin Adarabioyo

Jack27

16 minutes ago, George Bailey said:

Depends on what you want from a professional sports career.

Immediate money in the bank (or more money than the other club is offering) at the risk of your development in your chosen sport declining or stalling ( given the history of that particular club)

Or if you value development, career progression annd giving your self the opportunity to be the best you can above immediate financial gain.

Given that the amount of money we are talking here is more than 99.9% of us will ever see or dream of then the question of putting that initial financial benefit ahead of development tells all about an individuals priorities.

£45 k per week or £75k per week…At that level really what’s the comparison of value.

Suppose it depends on if you value that “extra cash” above your sporting potential never being fulfilled.

I get what some are saying. More money, nearer home and the likelihood of less work (as chances are he will rarely be seen in their first team- and probably farmed out on loan in a seasons time)

That sounds great but if you are a top athlete then I would think you want to be the best you can and take any opportunity that comes along to help with that…and in all likelihood the decision this lad has made isn’t going to do that.

Pity for us as I think he would have done well and certainly helped re other recruitment etc but hey ho.

He won’t be the first or last. 

Interesting that you’ve mentioned every factor there seems to be except his family, upheaval and what they want. None of us know the real reasons why or the full picture.

4 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

Interesting that you’ve mentioned every factor there seems to be except his family, upheaval and what they want. None of us know the real reasons why or the full picture.

Absolutely correct none of us know.

Just my take on it 👍

Lots of black and white tinted glasses in this thread.

Chelsea are ahead tyhe moment. They finished higher in the league and are in Europe. They also got to the league cup final and have a much better trophy record.

Whilst chucking around cash looks bad to us, to a player it says we will keep buying players until we have a top team.

To beat Chelsea, Tottenham, Arsenal or Liverpool to players requires regular European football and regular challenges for trophies - not CL football once.

The good news is there’s lots of players out there who will improve the squad and with good scouting the squad can easily get dramatically better than where it is today 

37 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

Taking off the Newcastle bias it’s pretty obvious where most multimillionaires would rather live between West London and Newcastle, mind. Not all of them maybe but it’s paradise round there compared to living in Darras or Jesmond.

Just now, Ronaldo said:

Taking off the Newcastle bias it’s pretty obvious where most multimillionaires would rather live between West London and Newcastle, mind. Not all of them maybe but it’s paradise round there compared to living in Darras or Jesmond.

Agreed I loved my time in London and west London is nice but I’m very much a north London guy.

1 hour ago, Gawalls said:

Agreed I loved my time in London and west London is nice but I’m very much a north London guy.

What do you say to people who see you as a North London geek?

7 hours ago, The Prophet said:

Some journos reporting we declined the opportunity to make an improved offer once Chelsea had come to the table.

I'm not surprised, we aren't going to be able to win a wages war once one of the cartel clubs come in for a player.

Some proper wet blankets in this thread - jesus wept. :lol:

Hes picked a club offering a higher wage and is also in Europe, and possibly wont even have to move house.

Good luck to him.

3 hours ago, Ronaldo said:

What do you say to people who see you as a North London geek?

They don’t - every single fucking day for 17 years at work I had people saying to me “howay man” as a good morning.

1 hour ago, Lazarus said:

Hes picked a club offering a higher wage and is also in Europe, and possibly wont even have to move house.

Good luck to him.

Yeah but the project.

Oh well, on to the next target. 
Just brings it home how far behind the elite clubs we are that player who would probably have started for us (after the obligatory Howe settling in period) would rather be a bit part player elsewhere. 
Not sure how we bridge that gap without PIF going into overdrive with sponsors but there’s no signs of that happening.

For what it's worth he will start at Chelsea. 

Fofana will be injured and he is better than Disasi.

But next summer they will probably buy someone else that takes his place though.

7 hours ago, KaKa said:

For what it's worth he will start at Chelsea. 

Fofana will be injured and he is better than Disasi.

But next summer they will probably buy someone else that takes his place though.

They'll probably buy someone this summer for 100 million

On 02/06/2024 at 17:54, Lazarus said:

Good luck to him.

This. 

On 03/06/2024 at 08:36, leffe186 said:

That’s more East tbh.

From the Mary poppins era as well.  In London you just replace the letter u with an a “you’re having a facking babble!!!”

41 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

What's with the thread locking enthusiasts? What if I want to call him a cunt in six months?

Never really understood calling to lock a thread, when you've just made it live again by calling to lock it.