Tosin Adarabioyo

Jack27

How many CB do Chelsea need??  I know they have lost Silva but they already have more than they can actually play

Badiashile

Disasi

Chalobah

Colwill

Fofana

Gilchrist

Sarr

5 minutes ago, duo said:

How many CB do Chelsea need??  I know they have lost Silva but they already have more than they can actually play

Badiashile

Disasi

Chalobah

Colwill

Fofana

Gilchrist

Sarr

The only two that have really showed promise are Fofana and Colwill and both have been injured a lot. The rest of them have looked very unconvincing for the prices that Chelsea paid even though they were apparently highly regarded before they were bought.

Just now, Away Toon said:

The only two that have really showed promise are Fofana and Colwill and both have been injured a lot. The rest of them have looked very unconvincing for the prices that Chelsea paid even though they were apparently highly regarded before they were bought.

I think that is fair but a new manager will be coming in and they are all young/high potential so can't see them writing them off already

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, KaKa said:

I think I've only realised recently that a lot of people just watch their own teams and then the big matches that are on during the weekend, that involve Man City, Arsenal, Liverpool, Man Utd and Chelsea.

It's why so many times we're linked with a player outside of these teams there's these comments of having never heard of them and sometimes whining about them not being good enough.

So not surprised by your comment really. He's clearly so unexceptional that the likes of Liverpool, Man Utd, Chelsea and AC Milan have all been interested in him.

Good or bad that would describe me to a tee, outside of nufc and who we are playing at the time (maybe) i couldnt careless

Having said that i Have a slight intrest in mancity inter barca az alkmaar dortmund and norwich (local team) due to FM

I Just dont have that much time or intrest in other football to care to learn the stats/skill/do the research into 4000+ player in the PL alone, i dont go buy whos "interested" in them because as nufc have shown you cant trust anything anyone says

Its all smoke and mirrors all the time, goodluck to him wether in liverpool barca ac milan or even newcastle 

Who said he wasnt good enough without watching him, wasnt me :)

Edited by danny

1 hour ago, Froggy said:

image.thumb.png.21f1b552c59da651525182b68d9e4101.png

Hope you're well Rich.

As long as the order is 'how far from your actual house are these things', the wankers in that photo will be unique.  Otherwise, there can't be that many failed families in Truro

1 hour ago, geordiesteve710 said:

And clearly so unbelievably exceptional that they have all made big-money bids to buy him rather than just waiting until his contract expires to try and get him on a free. If we're going down the route of sarcasm.

I didn't mean to come across as saying he wasn't good enough btw, the signs are he would be a good addition to the squad and if he wants to come I hope we get him. Just at the same time I haven't seen or heard anything that would lead me to be overly upset if we missed out on him.

There are plenty of players who play for other non-Sky6 teams who stand out more than this lad- off the top of my head Gueye who plays in the same position as well as numerous other players at Palace, his teammate Palhinha, who have all stood out on the odd occasion I've seen them (you're right, I don't watch many Palace or Fulham games) and who get more headlines than this lad. That can't just be put down to ignorance of the clubs involved.

Fair enough. We'll have to agree to disagree on Tosin.

Hopefully we sign him and we can then all see for ourselves.

1 hour ago, Froggy said:

In regard to this guy, I actually can't believe that we're not more involved in his transfer. With Varane going and Lindelof's exit possible, we're in desperate need for another centre back. I'd say Adarabioyo would start for us at the minute and likely play 40-50 times.

We've our own FFP restrictions this summer. We should be all over this.

I'm guessing you'll make an offer - and as a free agent he'd be a fool not to wait for all the offers to come in. Do you think the uncertainty around your manager situation is slowing you down here?

Both you and Chelsea are more prestigous, can presumably offer more money and the potential of immediate European football, which I'd imagine is a draw for a footballer who's never played in Europe. Chelsea would also basically guarantee him a silly contract and then an attempt to flip him for FFP profit in a couple of years. Our one advantage in negotiations is that we have managerial stability right now & the boss definitely wants him and has a clear plan for him, and has a good track record in improving players. With our CB injuries he'll definitely get a decent shot - he would be the obvious long-term Schar successor if he's good.

This is a massive contract & career decision for him though, so he shouldn't rush it.

1 hour ago, duo said:

Badiashile - jury's out

Disasi - most consider bad

Chalobah - might be sold FFP

Colwill - injury prone

Fofana - perma injured

Gilchrist - who?

Sarr - didn't even know he existed

You're right - Chelsea could/should persist with 4 of these + 1 injury prone player. But they won't.

1 hour ago, Froggy said:

In regard to this guy, I actually can't believe that we're not more involved in his transfer. With Varane going and Lindelof's exit possible, we're in desperate need for another centre back. I'd say Adarabioyo would start for us at the minute and likely play 40-50 times.

Maybe having a DOF in place might help ;)

5 hours ago, BoSelecta said:

Hopefully he looks at Gordon’s progression into the England team under Howe.

…and not Mainoo’s progression or Cole Palmer’s progression.

16 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

…and not Mainoo’s progression or Cole Palmer’s progression.

Under managers both teams have dumped, or are likely to, to be fair.

I do get why a player waits for all offers though and joins for his own reasons, of course. If those reasons for joining us aren't good enough, then qué sera.

2 hours ago, Froggy said:

It's why I still consider this to be a transfer rumour, I could well imagine Man U coming in and and him ending up going there. He's a free agent, daft to think this is all done and dusted when there will be other interested parties. Until the cartel stranglehold is broken, they will always have the pulling power if they really want a player, and can't really blame the player if he chooses one of them over us right now.

Whenever a deal is reported as close, but then it isn't essentially done and other rumours emerge, there's a feeling you are being used as a bargaining chip.

Who would have leaked it? Doubt it would be us. Can't see why Fulham would either, since he's off on a free. Could be wrong and usually am.

1 minute ago, Abacus said:

Whenever a deal is reported as close, but then it isn't essentially done and other rumours emerge, there's a feeling you are being used as a bargaining chip.

Who would have leaked it? Doubt it would be us. Can't see why Fulham would either, since he's off on a free. Could be wrong and usually am.

Especially when big Fab reports it over and over again. Usually means it's the work of an agent.

3 minutes ago, Abacus said:

Yep that was my feeling as well. Feels like Tosin's agent is trying to hawk him around for the best deal.

I wonder if there are Man U and Chelsea fans bemoaning the fact that he's sure to sign with us as their manager situations are all over the shop. 

Complete guesswork but if I was a player, I'd want to speak to the man I'd be dealing with on a daily basis rather than an exec.

On the other hand, I'm sure any agents have their own agenda (££) and it's not necessarily what's best long term.