Newcastle United vs. Brighton & Hove Albion: 11/5/24 @ 15:00 (No UK TV)

HaydnNUFC

Just now, nufc123 said:

Been a bogey team for us, but these are shipping goals for fun. 

They’ve faded badly recently and the manager looks to be away. We’re building some confidence again. 

Man U play Arsenal that weekend too.

Just now, ExiledGeordie said:

They’ve faded badly recently and the manager looks to be away. We’re building some confidence again. 

Man U play Arsenal that weekend too.

And we have a strong bench now also! 

Posted (edited)

This is the table if you exclude the first 6 gameweeks

521161953d697cec1b0572de5de9c2b9.thumb.png.e7b93daf3342d2afa5485b89b7dbf9a8.png

Brighton 16th, 4 points above bottom 3. Seems like selling your best players every summer doesn't allways work.

Edited by Erikse

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Erikse said:

This is the table if you exclude the first 6 gameweeks

521161953d697cec1b0572de5de9c2b9.thumb.png.e7b93daf3342d2afa5485b89b7dbf9a8.png

Brighton 16th, 4 points above bottom 3. Seems like selling your best players every summer doesn't allways work.

Feel like these lauded buy low sell high models always end badly eventually. Southampton, Leicester, Swansea come to mind and I could well see Brighton (and possibly Brentford) following the pattern. 

Edited by Kid Icarus

2 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Feel like these lauded buy low sell high models always end badly eventually. Southampton, Leicester, Swansea come to mind and I could well see Brighton (and possibly Brentford) following the pattern. 

Yeah, I know there's not much of an alternative for them, but said pre-season it just takes one season where the new signings don't hit the ground running and they drop 5-6 places down the table, then it's hard to reverse it. 

Heading to this one, hoping to make it 17 games in a row without seeing us lose at SJP (over 12 years :lol:).

I'm sure my luck will run out at some point but it had better not be at the weekend. Need to go into the Man Utd game with our tails up.

Supposedly De Zerbi has cleared the air with the club/players and has confirmed he’s staying next season. Can see them improving for the remainder of the season now. Think we will have too much going forward for them still.

19th In the form table and no win in 6. Big Joe, Miggy, Pope and Trippier back involved. Last home game of the season. Attitude needs to be right. None of this playing within ourselves, waiting for the oppo to spark us into life. Just go at them from the off. Don’t give Man U and Chelsea any hope they can get 6th, it’s in our hands. 

Posted (edited)

They've been a bit of a weird side this season Brighton, they started off well, absolutely battered us down there, and you would assume Ferguson was going to have the breakthrough season after hitting that Hattrick totalling 4 with a goal in their opening game at home to Luton, after 15 starts and 12 sub appearances (27) he only managed 2 more goals.

There was talk he was the next Harry Kane? Without singling out Ferguson a few have gone through similar periods, but it seems De Zerbi likes to mess with the team a fair bit.

Their first six matches lost only one and won five all by three or more goals, since that brilliant early form, they've been unsettled most of the season, unable to put a string of wins together like they did early on.

(They did have four home games in their first six)

Edited by mighty__mag