Newcastle United vs. Brighton & Hove Albion: 11/5/24 @ 15:00 (No UK TV)

HaydnNUFC

Sunny weather and the last home game of the season. The summer might actually be happening. Going to be that 40 year old man wearing shorts and t-shirts to the football today. Don't even care. Show off all my faded tattoos. 

51 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

‘Records’ (ahem…) are there for breaking. All runs come to an end. Today’s the day, man. Today’s the day… . (Off in search of Tippex).

Last day of the season.

Jonas back in town.

100 years to the day since Milburn was born.

18 years ago to the day Shearer's testimonial. 

Hottest day of the year so far.

What a day to play football.

9 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Last day of the season.

Jonas back in town.

Just feels like one of those days we tank someone about 5-0.

Just now, Optimistic Nut said:

Just feels like one of those days we tank someone about 5-0.

Joelinton, Pope & Tripps start, I think we could see a really good performance. Not sure Brighton have the stomach for it atm.

Still I'm a curse so put on 1-1, 2-2 & 3-3. :D

(will be another 4-4 - yes I was there for that one as well)

All ifs, but there's a decent possibility we win this, Man Utd lose to Arsenal, and we're 6 points clear of them with 2 games left each, but with a much better goal difference. Would be nice go to Old Trafford knowing that even if we lose they still can't realistically catch us (and with the freedom that gives us we'll obviously smash those cunts anyway).

Just now, LiquidAK said:

All ifs, but there's a decent possibility we win this, Man Utd lose to Arsenal, and we're 6 points clear of them with 2 games left each, but with a much better goal difference. Would be nice go to Old Trafford knowing that even if we lose they still can't realistically catch us (and with the freedom that gives us we'll obviously smash those cunts anyway).

It'd only be 5 ahead. We'd only need a point even if we lost there though looking at gd.

1 minute ago, Optimistic Nut said:

It'd only be 5 ahead. We'd only need a point even if we lost there though looking at gd.

Shit. You're right. I knew maths wasn't my strong point but that's fairly damning. I really stared at the table and thought 2 + 3 = 6 :lol:

Remember the last time we won easily with a 4-4-2 (West Ham away with Carroll and Wilson up front...debut goal and assist for Hendrick :lol:).

Bruce went "same again, lads" next game v Brighton at home, and Lamptey absolutely ruined us.

Interesting to see if it's 4-4-2 again or if we match up a bit more. 

1 hour ago, Gawalls said:

For what it’s worth I plan on digging the weeds up so plan to go to the garden centre. Last twice we done that was the spurs game last season and a decent win this again (can’t remember which now)

I also channelled my inner Ashworth when we smashed Spurs last time. Guess I'm breaking out the lawnmower today

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Last day of the season.

Jonas back in town.

Also

27 years since we hammered Forest 5-0 to secure CL whilst the mackems and Boro went down.

1 day off it being 40 years to the day since Keegan's last competitive appearance for us in the last home game of the season against Brighton.

Edited by HaydnNUFC

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Also

27 years since we hammered Forest 5-0 to secure CL whilst the mackems and Boro went down.

Can't quite believe that's 27 years ago. What a party afterwards that was.

Edited by JLC

Last year we switched scheme a little & played Big Jow as a pressing No 10, wonder if we'll do anything like that - I guess Jow won't start due to injury comeback but could have something like Barnes, Gordon, Murphy behond Isak, or maybe even Anderson pushed up to press more.

1 hour ago, Dokko said:

Last day of the season.

Jonas back in town.

Or… to meander around the outside of a stadium (external path obvs) while others play and the less jinxy watch. Just a thought ?

Remind me again why we play the season August-May and regularly miss out on days like today for utter shite in December?

2 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

Remind me again why we play the season August-May and regularly miss out on days like today for utter shite in December?

Cricket

Football was originally a winter sport for when there was no cricket on.

What could possibly fuck up this glorious warm, sunny day. Got bottles in the fridge, ready to sit outside in the garden at 3pm, don't let me down lads.

Foolishly got rid of streaming kit (as but the bullet paid for Sky & TNT). Can’t seem to pick-up Radio Newcastle here (Warrington). Left with frustration of intermittent score updates on national radio and grubby-gardening-handed checking in here ?‍♂️