Newcastle United 1-1 Brighton & Hove Albion (11/05/24) | Reaction: pg 21

Yorkie

Ah well. We had it in our hands, we dropped the ball.

No Europe will hamper our transfer recruitment I'd imagine. Still possible but hard to see us getting much out of midweek if we play like this.

Very flat last home game :(

Just now, toontownman said:

Ah well. We had it in our hands, we dropped the ball.

No Europe will hamper our transfer recruitment I'd imagine. Still possible but hard to see us getting much out of midweek if we play like this.

Very flat last home game :(

It still is in our hands.

People cant deal with results that go against them, even though its happened hundreds of times and will happen hundreds more times. Its sport.

Every single time isn't cause for a brattish ungrateful drama. The club and team are doing  well and trying really hard.

Last home game last season was a 0-0 draw against a team nowhere near as good as Brighton. It happens.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Heron said:

It still is in our hands.

6th isn't (ah yeah it is :lol:) I know what you're saying re your other posts btw, just think the disappointment/frustration from today is a bit raw for a lot of people (usual whingers aside)

Edited by Kid Icarus

Why are you all saying no Europe? It's still in our hands [emoji38]

Up against Manure and Chelsea... not exactly the most stable teams either.

Frustrating and a bit of an underwhelming performance, particularly at home vs a Brighton team with loads of injuries.

Thought a draw was a fair result overall. We were a bit sloppy at times and lots of bad final passes. They were ok - can see how they suck you in and then play it up to their strikers. They're clearly better at possessioning than we are.

Was one of those games where our set up means we can't play the ball at all though the middle and so Isak basically never got a kick. In posession I though we looked a bit better with Joe on as he roams around a bit and drops deep and makes himself available compared to Longstaff, who's effective linking play in the final third but never shows any urgency to show for the ball in the middle third- though Joe was on against tiring players to be fair.

Some positives - Hall did some nice passes and looked solid again. Thought Anderson did some good things. Big Jow back and generally looks ok. Krafth and Burn did well for a makeshift CB pairing who were up against a few counter attacks.

Also going to disagree with Miggy being chod - his dive was frustrating but I thought he added a lot of impetus, I trust him to take the ball in tight spaces more than Murphy (who was having one of his old-skool Murphy days) and he was a fraction away from making a goal.

17 minutes ago, Pilko said:

Almiron and Barnes were absolutely chod. Barnes is weird, looks a world beater one week and then like he's got his boots on the wrong feet the next. Hopefully a symptom of the long term injury and he can find some consistency next year. As much as Miggy is a cult figure, I'd rather he was moved on. Infuriating player.

That's exactly the main complaint that Leicester fans had about him. Highly inconsistent.

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Kid Icarus said:

6th isn't. I know what you're saying re your other posts btw, just think the disappointment/frustration from today is a bit raw for a lot of people (usual whingers aside)

It is. Win the last two we finish 6th, unless Chelsea win their last three 5-0.

Edited by Beth

6th isn't. I know what you're saying re your other posts btw, just think the disappointment/frustration from today is a bit raw for a lot of people (usual whingers aside)

It is because our goal difference is too strong.

It is with our superior goal difference. 

11 minutes ago, Amir_9 said:

Agreed - Barnes has a big season ahead of himself next year. Some decent highlights with his handful of important goals in 1-2 games this year but on the overall much improvement needed next season and hopefully injury free.

I think Barnes needs to start and play a lot and for reasons already discussed on here we bought him to play in the position we have by far the most options for. Gordon, both Joe's and Anderson for starters, Isak can also play there. Maybe coming on as a sub really doesn't suit him and like today shows he's a rhythm player.

7 minutes ago, nufc123 said:

Apart from the goal almost every time we got into their box we did the wrong call. Baffling.

Final ball was almost universally shite today.

These performances happen unfortunately. Still all to play for.

Posted (edited)

Not only do Chelsea need to win today but also to better our result at least one more time in the last two.

Edited by Heron

Just now, Away Toon said:

I think Barnes needs to start and play a lot and for reasons already discussed on here we bought him to play in the position we have by far the most options for. Gordon, both Joe's and Anderson for starters, Isak can also play there. Maybe coming on as a sub really doesn't suit him and like today shows he's a rhythm player.

I mean, he's also won us 6 points, basically single handedly coming on as a sub.

He's a massive improvement on what we had still and more productive than Anderson. Completely different player to Joelinton though.

30 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Because there’s a real defeatist element to a large part of our support fucking whiney spineless cunts.

Well the last time we weren't defeated when it mattered was in 1969 so there is a bit of a pattern here.

Posted (edited)

Get people being down after the game like but just need to try and maintain some rationale. :lol:

All I've read on here and WhatsApp since the end of the game is Bruno is saying his goodbyes and we aren't getting Europe because we've fucked it :lol:

Edited by Heron

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

Thought it was Isak’s worst game for us as well.

Potentially but there’s just not enough quality behind him or on the right to get the best out of his ability and today was an example of that. He must have been frustrated as hell.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Thought it was Isak’s worst game for us as well.

Hardly had a sniff of the ball to be fair.

Edited by JUICE690