Lloyd Kelly

Jack27

16 minutes ago, ExiledGeordie said:

Honestly doesn’t really worry me, they’ll have all the info on him which counts. I know the medical department has had issues and evidently there’s some kind of review of processes this offseason but I’m not really paying attention to previous injuries- there’s always lots of variables in play. Club will have done their homework. 

Medical team will improve without Ratworth overseeing it, I have no doubt.

I would've been very sad to see Tripps leave in the middle of last season but I think there's a fair argument to suggest his time here might have reached a natural conclusion. If we could get a reasonable fee for him then I think his departure would be sensible for all parties, and he'd go with my absolute best wishes. Tino is ready to be first choice. 

I'd sell Trippier at the first opportunity.

He's not the player he was. Even during his best spell this season, he couldn't get into the right spaces while defending and he's not going to get better.

Krafth is more reliable in defence and that's a damning indictment.

Will always be seen as a great player.

51 minutes ago, Decky said:

I'd like to think Ashby wouldn't be getting released when we paid £3m for him just last year. :lol: 

Aye, I saw that post and decided to give it the respect it deserved. 

chicken nuggets toilet GIF

Just now, STM said:

He's not the player he was. Even during his best spell this season, he couldn't get into the right spaces while defending and he's not going to get better.

crazy nicolas cage GIF

I reckon we would take our money back on Ashby. We will probably try and find him another loan.

Mind, if Trippier goes, we might keep him around the squad.

Trippier always looks like he's carrying the weight of the world on his shoulders nowadays. Not sure why. Hope he's alright, but it does need to be solved somehow.

33 minutes ago, STM said:

I’ve always said that his defensive positions are not great, he’s cost us so many goals with just being slow to move up the line. You can forgive this when he’s so good going forward and a massive part of our good attacking play, but I’d rather see Livramento in the side now 

3 hours ago, joeyt said:

Botman

Burn

Schar

Lascelles

Dummett

Krafth

Trippier

Hall

Livramento

Targett

Kelly

Tosin

That's a lot of defenders, you'd hope we'd be able to shift Targett but sounds like most of the others will be staying.

Dummett continues to matrix around being let go :lol: 

1 hour ago, 80 said:

Trippier always looks like he's carrying the weight of the world on his shoulders nowadays. Not sure why. Hope he's alright, but it does need to be solved somehow.

That’s my perspective too. Looks fucking miserable all the time.

Whatever’s gone on behind the scenes has been a millstone around his neck as he’s gone from the top goal provider in the PL in the season to November, to a liability from December onwards.

2 hours ago, Checko said:

This cunt signed and done his hamstring yet?

Decided to spend £50m on him mate, as the medical showed a clear absence of hamstrings, meaning he wouldn’t be able to injure them. 

Trips had a few dodgy games, then he came back fairly well until he got injured, then people seem to be wanting him out off the back of the Man U game where he clearly wasn't fit.

Think Kelly is a great signing. I feel Howe will use Kelly in a similar way to Burn. Can play LB in games where we need more physical presence or when Howe wants the LB to take the left of a back 3 with our RB pushing on. And of course can cover for left side CB when needed. Versatility is so helpful while we are restricted heavily by PSR.

Posted (edited)

Wonder if there's some thinking about playing some 343 / 541 (however you want to call it) next year. Worked for Palace since Glasner took over and obviously Leverkusen this year. Think Inter did something like that as well and they've bossed it. It's very in right now.

CBs like Tosin and Kelly who are fast and comfortable on the ball would work well with that on the outside and we have 2 very attack-minded fullbacks it would allow some freedom to.

Edited by Checko
spelling

If he can stay fit, he'll be an absolutely fantastic addition to the squad. He's almost perfectly built for the hybrid LCB/LB role when we're more likely to be on the defensive side in matches imo.

Barring injury, Hall will be our main LB next season but I think we'll see some 3 at the back tinkering with Hall pushing up to LWB.