Manchester United 3-2 Newcastle United (15/05/24) | Reaction: pg 53

Yorkie

1 minute ago, Mikky said:

Infuriates me even more that we came across a Man U that was clearly arsed just the majority of the crowd and we totally shit our pants 

Did we shit our pants though.

How many times have we beaten Man U in the league away from home? 

Fuck me. We had our chances. Put up a good fight. Didn’t get the rub of the green and got caught out by a shit defensive error by tripps. 

We didn’t shit our pants. 

I think less the result more the manner of the loss will infuriate me for a few days. We had some good spells, got the ball into some good positions, just lacked that killer instinct when it counted. Defensively we were a shambles, Trippier had a disasterclass and we made some schoolboy errors all across the back.

The difference was Man Utd were clinical, we created a fair few more chances, they buried their half chances. 

Man Utd were oddly and uncharacteristically clinical. Their performance didn't warrant 3 goals, that was on us and we only have ourselves to blame for that, plus missing gilt edged chances at the other end. Tough to take in such an important game but we have been a bit flat for a while. Weird season.

Just seen highlights -talk about gifting Man U goals.  Defending for all 3 was appalling but for the 1st goal - worst I've seen.:facepalm:

How VAR as well didn't give a pen - honestly the corruption in this league knows no bounds. No other explanation.  

1 minute ago, duo said:

Just seen highlights -talk about gifting Man U goals.  Defending for all 3 was appalling but for the 1st goal - worst I've seen.:facepalm:

How VAR as well didn't give a pen - honestly the corruption in this league knows no bounds. No other explanation.  

I don't feel like they gave the pen shout a proper look, certain angles just made it look like a great tackle by Casemiro, benefit of the doubt, they didn't care enough to look at it properly which is scandalous at this level. 

When people are saying we were terrible or it was an awful performance are you trolling, on the wind up, or what? I don't understand but you can't be on the level!!!

You can be disappointed about defensive mistakes, Trippier for example clearly wasn't fit, but seriously what are some people talking about?

Stats of the game: we had most shots, equal shots on target, more possession, ignoring just stats though it was a very even game, on another day we win, deflection from corner could've went anywhere, clear pen at 1-0 etc etc, no time for excuses though so gg we lost, done.

Bigger picture though, it's diabolical how critical many are anytime we don't win, its honestly pathetic. We give it our all tonight, yes we made multiple mistakes and we came up short. Everyone's entitled to be upset, be critical, it crosses the line so often though, best supporters in the land, we sure about that? 

46 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Strangely rattled comment from Roy Keane.

Is it?

He never hides the fact he hates us.

32 minutes ago, duo said:

The guy could have actually tied his shoelace and still scored before being tackled. The contrast when we have 3 on 1 and somehow make amarbat the favourite 

Keanes act is beyond cringe atp. He’s not achieved a single fucking thing post retirement, and is still salty that Ferguson rightly binned him when he wasn’t up to it anymore 

40 minutes ago, Mattoon said:

I don't feel like they gave the pen shout a proper look, certain angles just made it look like a great tackle by Casemiro, benefit of the doubt, they didn't care enough to look at it properly which is scandalous at this level. 

As blatant as you get 

pen 2.png

It only equates to a poor performance when we can't put teams away in crucial big games when we've had the chances, something of a recurring theme this season

1 hour ago, Kid Icarus said:

I swear that the definition of bottling it now is just 'being in a position to achieve something and then for any reason it doesn't happen'

Yeah, the game felt like a return to December, terrible finishing, Trippier mistakes, Dubs letting in soft ones.

I would warn people who create narratives from the result and result alone is that this empowers people who talk about stats like xG. It is "We lost, so what!" people who hate xG the most.

On a personal level, Man U are still poor and miles off their best, so I don't mind losing to them. This one result won't make them better.

Didn’t see the game but was a bit perplexed by the line up, if Isak wasn’t fit again then wasn’t the play Gordon through the middle and you start Barnes? Is Barnes injured too?

Maybe it’s clutching at straws and it’s just one of those we have to take on the chin but I think this season we’ve had a few too many of those. 

Brighton showing up against us and rolling over vs Chelsea is typical as well mind :lol: