Brentford vs. Newcastle United: 19/5/24 @ 16:00 (No UK TV)

HaydnNUFC

3 minutes ago, nufcnick said:

Previous results mean nothing, it’s Sunday that counts.

I didn’t say they did, I was answering someone’s question on if we won there last season.

Not confident going into this one at all. Our away form combined with them being a tricky side to play against at the best of times has made me very pessimistic about our chances. That being said I reckon we will end up 7th, got a feeling both us and Man U will get beat on the final day. 

Posted (edited)

Yep. Maybe it's harsh, but for us not be playing European football of some description feels like a bit of a failure. Not having any form of it will feel like a big step back. 

Even just getting Howe and the squad used to managing 3 games a week at a decent level regularly is a huge bonus. 

Edited by HaydnNUFC

Definitely OK with the Conference, if that's what we end up getting. Will save the season from being a complete negative. Still enough on this for me to watch it on tv whilst watching the title fight on my small screen. Probably have just kept our match on the tablet had there been nothing riding on it. 

Really not looking forward to this after last night. We're a laughing stock on the road this season, there's no hiding from it. 

Posted (edited)

need 2 goals here to make it 100 for the season, which would be mighty impressive

especially since the 13 cups games were some of the most difficult draws imaginable, away from home or both 

currently 98 in 50 games total

81 is 37 league games is incredible 

Edited by Ginola14

Just need to equal Man Utd's result and hope City beat them in the final. I'm just not confident at all given recent performances. We have to hope Brighton give that Man Utd defence more trouble than we did. 

2 minutes ago, Decky said:

Just need to equal Man Utd's result and hope City beat them in the final. I'm just not confident at all given recent performances. We have to hope Brighton give that Man Utd defence more trouble than we did. 

We gave them trouble but we had trouble putting the ball into the net at the end of it. They didn't defend well, we finished very badly. 

Brighton are not clinical finishers. I imagine Man Utd will get something from that game. We really need to win ours.

1 hour ago, Scoot said:

Really not looking forward to this after last night. We're a laughing stock on the road this season, there's no hiding from it. 

It’s incredible really, in the season we notch our biggest ever away victory, we do so badly in the rest! 

4 hours ago, Dancing Brave said:

It's still some achievement to be in with a chance of European football after the season we have had.

The future is still very, very bright.

Counterpoint: everything is bad. Always.

If Howe starts Pope, Schar, Linton and Barnes we have a chance, if he starts with Dubravka, Longstaff and Murphy we'll struggle.

11 minutes ago, Beth said:

If Howe starts Pope, Schar, Linton and Barnes we have a chance, if he starts with Dubravka, Longstaff and Murphy we'll struggle.

I hope Trippier isn't picked either.

We are well capable of rocking up in the sunshine and smashing these out the park.

Don't do it for Europe though. Do it because its a game of football and we want to win anyway.

2 hours ago, Decky said:

You not see the game then?

2 minutes ago, Bondedcrown said:

You not see the game then?

I'm talking more about converting the chances and putting the game to bed.