Brentford vs. Newcastle United: 19/5/24 @ 16:00 (No UK TV)

HaydnNUFC

1 minute ago, Ikon said:

I’m not buying into the idea that Longstaff is injured or playing with a “knock”. 

Nah, he’s just a poor player. 

1 minute ago, Ikon said:

I’m not buying into the idea that Longstaff is injured or playing with a “knock”. 

nor should you be. Howe has said twice in the last month that he isn’t anymore. 

Won't be home this morning so will have to watch the game without sound on the ipad. Love to see a win to close out this 

tumultuous season.

6 minutes ago, Sibierski said:

This is why Barnes was signed. So there’s still quality on LW, so he needs to step up today. 

Do agree. Frustrating and typical as it is to lose Gordon, we've lamented the inability to rotate him, but the £40m option - bought for this very scenario - is there now, so can't cry too much. 

Hope he steps up. 

45 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Dunno how we're supposed to believe anyone who puts a LB at RB and a RB at LB.

And flips the CBs as well

2 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

the Brighton and Bournemouth lineups stink. Howay lads 

Not expecting any favours, the cunts. But we made our own problems by needlessly losing 3-2 to each of Man Utd and Chelsea and fucking up against Everton and Brighton.

I still don’t think Barnes was the right short term signing. Neither do I think he is the right long term one. Having said that, he will score some goals and have some good games. I just don’t think he is good enough in general play for where we are aiming. Doesn’t mean that he will be bad for us or that it’s an awful signing  or anything like that. 

I think that if Krafth or Anderson score (or Pope...) we'll break the record for most different goalscorers in a PL season.

Hall became our 20th goalscorer against Man Utd which tied the current record.

0-3 (Krafth, Anderson & Pope)

Brentford have found some form, we'll have to play really well to get a result 

Brighton with loads of changes so could be an easy MU win 

:|

37 minutes ago, NSG said:

This awful new numbering system isn't even consistent. 22 at the beginning and then the rest in numerical order. Just horrendous. 

Just watching the soccer roundup on Sky Sports News, bloody Paul Merson, what an utter bell-end. He's like Sky's equivalent of Talksport's Gabby Agbonlahor in terms of being a deluded, clueless fuckwit. There's that and the general bumming of the scumbag six teams.

Back to our game though, I really hope we put a shift in and get the win, the pessimist in me feels like we have a habit of bottling important games though, I'm not even sure the stats back it up necessarily, but there you are.

17 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Anyone know whether TNT or Sky are the best bet for skipping to updates from other games (I.e. ours).

None of them will give us much attention today. It will be all talk about the title race, and Klopps final game.

1 minute ago, Stifler said:

None of them will give us much attention today. It will be all talk about the title race, and Klopps final game.

I’ve turned it off now. Four sky channels and all they are banging on about is Klopp leaving on every one.

I get it, he’s going. You’ve told us every week since he announced it months and months ago. Bored of hearing about it!

On a different subject..how do Arsenal get to play last game of the season at home 5 seasons running?

Posted (edited)

Good to see Pope back in but I think his ship may have sailed for the Euros. Southgate seems to prefer Johnstone as Pickford back-up.

Edited by OhSholaAmeobi

Just now, OhSholaAmeobi said:

Good to see Pope back in but I think his ship may have sailed for the Euros. Southgate seems to prefer Johnstone and Pickford back-up.

Should have played against man Utd.