Group A: 1. Germany, 2. Switzerland, 3. Hungary, 4. Scotland

Big River

It was good shite. Sometimes games are like that. Limited quality but competitive all the same and watchable enough due to commitment of the teams. Felt like there was a winner in it right until the end.

2 hours ago, NEEJ said:

They don't necessarily need to, they'll be guaranteed third place with a 1-0 win. That might ( :lol: ) be enough to get them through with -3 GD. 

No team has gone out with 4 points since the shift to 24 teams (and several have gone through on three points).

(However Scotland are well experienced at finding ways to get knocked out on goal difference, goal scored, undefeated etc.)

1 hour ago, ponsaelius said:

It was good shite. Sometimes games are like that. Limited quality but competitive all the same and watchable enough due to commitment of the teams. Felt like there was a winner in it right until the end.

Exactly. Good games are games you pay full attention too. Doesn't have to be technically good or owt like that. 

7 hours ago, Superior Acuña said:

No team has gone out with 4 points since the shift to 24 teams (and several have gone through on three points).

(However Scotland are well experienced at finding ways to get knocked out on goal difference, goal scored, undefeated etc.)

Aye, as I posted that I realised that GD would likely be irrelevant on 4 points!

12 hours ago, ponsaelius said:

Switzerland for being sort of billed as a 'better than sum of their parts' outfit are actually very much a 1 man team. If you stop Xhaka passing they are completely neutralised (lel). If he's on it they can look quite a smooth outfit.

Didn't they win their first game in the tournament without him? He didn't even come off the bench.

I don't think people realise what a solid result a draw was for Switzerland. 4 points now, through now in 2nd at the worst i think.

10 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Didn't they win their first game in the tournament without him? He didn't even come off the bench.

I don't think people realise what a solid result a draw was for Switzerland. 4 points now, through now in 2nd at the worst i think.

Xhaka played the full 90 against Hungary 

7 minutes ago, joeyt said:

:lol: What do people do with their weekends when they don't like football?

Absolute wrong'uns. 

Set up like France 98 for Scotland.

Expected defeat in the opening game, battling point in the second game, high expectations of winning their final game but get turned over royally and finish bottom.