Group C: 1. England, 2. Denmark, 3. Slovenia (Q), 4. Serbia

Big River

12 minutes ago, MagMal said:

Classy England fans booing the Slovenia national anthem, ffs

I turned on as they were singing their anthem, couldn't hear any booing so it couldn't have lasted long.

Just now, Ben said:

Na, nee good this, Foden and Bellingham are just playing the same role

This was a perfect opportunity to try something different before it gets real and he’s bottled it, lazy and cowardly.

1 minute ago, gbandit said:

We play in the fastest league in the world. Why does it have to be like this 

We’re moving the ball around nicely, lots of movement off the ball - we’re playing in blue right?

Slovenia piling the bodies forward in attack. We have to at least match that, we’re so static. Come short, drag a man out of position, do something. Foden gets the ball left wing, his only option is backwards, the team is making him look bad with zero options.

Just now, Shearergol said:

Is there a class left winger on the bench at all?

I’d love Gordon to come out in an interview after the tournament and say “well that was a waste of time me going wasn’t it?”

That’s probably the best we can hope with Bellingham switching and allowing Forden to roam across the middle where he is more effective than he is on the left - at least Bellingham can look to take a man on and link-up with Trippier. 

They do play very slow from the back - there’s no quick runs  off the ball to get the ball moving quicker. Honestly don’t think they work on anything in training anywhere near the level they should be.