Group C: 1. England, 2. Denmark, 3. Slovenia (Q), 4. Serbia

Big River

3 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

It’s shit support. If England were going home - fair enough. But booing mid summer tournament is shit support. 

It's very West Ham/Spurs/Arsenal isn't. They aren't content with progressing by any means necessary. They want to see "their" brand of football.

6 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

It’s shit support. If England were going home - fair enough. But booing mid summer tournament is shit support. 

If there was a lack of effort then aye, fair. There isn't a lack of effort though, so not sure what booing them achieves apart from airing frustration. Get more flies with sugar than shit.

1 minute ago, Mike said:

:lol: I'd be so mad watching this if I were you lot.

The whole tournament has felt off for me from the start tbh, I don't even feel bothered.

Through all the whinging from a lot of people, 2018 to now has been a lot of fun, we've had an underdog feeling that really got everyone pulling together. But the claims from some about these players being this incredible generation have embedded themselves and there's an expectation rather than pluckiness and to me that's part of what's ruined it, everyone hates 'England expects' England. 

16 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

A fan threw something at Southgate and apparently there were audible boo’s.  

Portugal didn’t win a group game and won a euros. No need for booing or insulting the manager personally. IMO. 

We'd consider it demanding if it were Brazil or Argentina but this objectively is more like Denmark or Belgium fans complaining about winning a group but not in the manner they expect -  which I don't recall England ever doing

Edited by Wolfcastle

Shit performances are shit performances, doesn't really matter when they take place but if you're Southgate and you're taking this English squad of players into a big tournament then there's a level of expectation. The squad is jam packed full of fantastic players and we've looked absolutely rank. He's got the players but he can't get them to function at all and that's 100% on him. 

Not saying he deserves to be swilled or whatever but he's the boss, and results and performances are totally on him. His team looks and plays like shit? His fault. Team fails to perform? His fault. 

He's been lauded be many for getting to a WC semi and a Euro final and that's fair enough. He's got to face the music when it's as abject as it has been. Can't run with the foxes and hunt with the hounds

21 minutes ago, Numbers said:

Cant wait to hear what this fraud comes up with, "We've never really replaced Shearers Goals" anyone want to play shit excuse bingo?

8f2779_32b8ce6ee5ca4a69a91baa37075974d7~

"Brexit, the pandemic, and the difficulties of replacing an underperforming, yet available Kalvin Phillips, have caused me a major headache.

Are we all pretending that we haven't shouted at a manager or players before?

Yes there is a line but not every fan was booing and not every fan chucked anything at him.

If we are going to label a whole fan base over the actions of the few, then we all must be deluded horse beaters  in Newcastle.

Feel like I'm completely missing something with Bellingham, he was a powerful box to box midfielder 2 years ago at the World Cup, why the fuck is he now an undroppable number 10? I thought he was absolutely pathetic today, and against Denmark. Either drop him deeper with Rice or just drop him. 

Just now, Wullie said:

Feel like I'm completely missing something with Bellingham, he was a powerful box to box midfielder 2 years ago at the World Cup, why the fuck is he now an undroppable number 10? I thought he was absolutely pathetic today, and against Denmark. Either drop him deeper with Rice or just drop him. 

Is he exhausted or frustrated? 

1 minute ago, Wullie said:

southgate doesnt drop names.

12 minutes ago, Wullie said:

Early in the game he took a swipe at the grass either out of frustration or sheer petulance and for me it just wasn't a good look. Also seen him flapping his arms about in recent games too. Hate that shit me. Spoilt little cunt. Mbappe is the worst I've seen for it, him and Ronaldo.

Edited by Heron