Group D: 1. Austria, 2. France, 3. Netherlands (Q), 4. Poland

Big River

So it went in goal then the linesman calls over taylor? Why you couldn't see anything but an offside. So he rules it out then var sticks with the decision. 

1 minute ago, Pata said:

Stuart Atwell.

1 minute ago, Joe1984 said:

Stuart Atwell. Commentator said so anyway.

But of course. My goodness :lol:

Just now, TaylorJ_01 said:

They really do not like overturning decisions. Barely happens at all.

Wasn't offside the original decision?

Just now, andycap said:

It should of went upstairs only to see if he's in line of the keeper nothing else. 

Exactly, is he in the way of the keeper's view, if not, quick check and goal given!

England are so shit at VAR, I think we need some bearded fat fucker with six wives to make our own version of it 

1 minute ago, OoOGazOoO said:

Think the commentators make a good point - VAR looks at pretty much any chuffin way it can to disallow a goal. It stinks

Don't think it's a good point, it's literally the job to make sure the decisions they can look at are correct, all goals are checked to make sure they are goals.

I bet if it wasn't an English Ref it would have been given - first time I've disagreed with a VAR decision this tournement and it just so happens to be an English Ref.  They just aren't at the same standard as other top European Refs

Edited by duo

1 minute ago, ponsaelius said:

That's every international tournament though. And honestly for me as usual it's made it more entertaining - club football and the well oiled possession machines have more quality to the detriment of entertainment.

I don't think it is, off the top of my head WC2014 group stage was sensational, Euro 2008, 2012 were decent with high scoring and quality matches. Definitely enjoyed the last Euros group stage more than this as well. This isn't close to WC2010 bad by any means but it has that big teams/players underperforming element to it.

Hopefully it means the knockouts will be much better.