James Trafford

6 hours ago, The Prophet said:

Hall, Miley and Gordon have all developed nicely without game time to be fair, even Anderson post-Britol Rovers loan.

They all played games though, and all had various levels of mistakes in those games. Goalkeeper, the mistakes are more punishing but still are needed as part of the learning. 

If we’re signing him, it needs to be loan out or playing him from word go and accept he’ll have some shockers next season. Can’t be on bench IMO. Guy needs to get back playing after being dropped by Burnley.

Christ. When I said I wanted the Saudis I meant for signings like Mamardashvili, not this plonker who flaps at corners.

At 21 he's still just a toddler in goalkeeping terms. He obviously needs to improve in some areas but that should come with experience and maturity, he'll fill out a bit and needs to find his voice to command his area a bit but that's shit that keepers learn and develop as they get older. He's 6'6, young and will only get better, £16m is nothing these days for a player who could potentially be in place for 7 or 8 seasons. If they like him then fuck it, just got to back their judgement of the lad. 

Fine transfer in a vacuum... But if Amanda and co. want to take the next step, they will - whether they like it or not - need to get comfortable spending money on international talent. We're too pressed for funds to pay the domestic tax time and time again, when we can get comparable quality for cheaper abroad

57 minutes ago, Upthemags said:

Fine transfer in a vacuum... But if Amanda and co. want to take the next step, they will - whether they like it or not - need to get comfortable spending money on international talent. We're too pressed for funds to pay the domestic tax time and time again, when we can get comparable quality for cheaper abroad

Are you trolling? :lol:

The guy from abroad was quoted at £35 million, which is why they've seemingly opted for Trafford for less than half of that.

Seriously, what is happening on here man.

I wonder what the plan is. As many has said, goalkeepers need to play. It doesn't seem likely in any way that he will sit on the bench. Can we believe that he has a chance to become the first-choice goalkeeper next season? Even if he doesn't start as one.

4 hours ago, Upthemags said:

Don’t think Amanda’s picking the players…

9 minutes ago, PauloGeordio said:

Lad looks very comfortable with the ball at his feet, distributes it calmly. No flapping! 

Really happy with this one. Great move. 

8 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

I see this clip is doing the rounds on the socials...

in all honesty it’s a terrible penalty. I think he’ll be a good signing tho. Not as exciting as the Georgian lad but he’s young and will improve 

Just now, gdm said:

in all honesty it’s a terrible penalty. I think he’ll be a good signing tho. Not as exciting as the Georgian lad but he’s young and will improve 

I haven't watched much of Marmadashvili, so struggle to comment.

Based on some Dennis Wise scouting, he looks far more assured at claiming the ball and controlling his area, but Trafford looks way more comfortable with the ball at his feet. It seems both like to sweep a fair bit.

We're obviously going to be getting a much more unrefined player at half the price.

1 minute ago, gdm said:

It's the save of the rebound that makes it impressive. He is up immediately and ready for the rebound. If the second rebound was on target he was up and ready for that as well. Don't get me wrong, I think it's daft to judge a player in one moment in a game, but I'm happy to do it because I also reckon it's daft to judge a 20/21 year old keeper playing part of the season for one of the worst sides in the league where he is getting 0 help.