James Trafford

29 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

Botman was a late January move that the club wouldn’t accept a bid for.. I think it was nailed on he’d come here unless Milan could match our bid. They didn’t and he wanted to come here anyway so..

Ekitike again, similar but that’s firmly on an asshole agent thinking he was being a smart arse. We agreed the fee with his club fairly quickly.

Bruno, first any of us heard about it was when news broke that a bid was accepted. Transfer took a bit to conclude because he was away on international duty.. I think all of that was fairly decisive.

So, Botman dragged on, Ekitike also and Bruno took over a week to sort out ?

5 hours ago, Mountain said:

Pope when he was in form and fit was incredible in my opinon.

Pope up to the red-card was elite. The poor kicking wasn't really an issue because he was doing so much for us.

Since then he's been very good with the odd dodgy game thrown in (Brighton & Wolves away last season). Probably more his true level, but the kicking stands out a lot more.

If he can get back to just "very good" then I'll take it for another season. The fear is when you see the drop off in Krul when he started to get the shoulder problems, and he was younger. 

Edited by Optimistic Nut

6 hours ago, Dr Jinx said:

I think if the club had really wanted this player it would have been wrapped up before the euros.

It’s not their style to mess about with rejected bids and back and forth shite.. when they want to sign a player they have been decisive.

I think we’re still in for the Georgian guy and that will play out when we have the July budget, not saying that Trafford isn’t a viable option, I just think if they wanted him the window was there before the competition started.

I think it’s more to do with the FFP issues and the need to sell before the end of the month, if we don’t sell then we are going to have to plead our case for a lenient sentence and it doesn’t look good if we sign players prior to the FFP cut off date.

12 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

Botman was signed within the confines of PSR - we agreed the deal then signed him on 1 July.

PSR had no impact on the club that year, due to the massive underspend in the prior Ashley years. I’d the delayed it for PSR they must have been on crack as it’s hurting now (would have been better to do business earlier)

1 hour ago, Dr Jinx said:

What’s your point? You think the club are indecisive? Don’t act quickly?

I'm saying some signings appear to drag on, some don't. For all we know some of the signings that appeared to be out of the blue may have dragged on for ages but we didn't know because they weren't played out in public.

If the Olise link always seemed dubious, this seems like exactly the sort of deal we WILL get done. He's 21, apparently got lots of promise, we are ready to pay quite a hefty fee to secure his services that most other clubs won't. Very much like the Livramento and Hall deals, we are paying for potential because we can generally get those deals done as the cartel clubs will spend 3x that much for a ready made version.