Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Strawberry

I would be happy if we get him.

Newcastle are in talks with Everton over Dom Calvert-Lewin, as reported by

@LukeEdwardsTele

. Newcastle are hoping to strike a deal for the striker — however there’s quite a lot of work to do agreeing both a fee & personal terms. Far from a done deal. Can also reveal that Everton are looking to bring in Yankuba Minteh from #NUFC in the opposite direction. Both deals would help the clubs with their respective PSR issues. Newcastle also have very serious interest from one European club for teenage winger Minteh, who has many admirers, but Everton have made their interest tangible.

Nut’s not going to stand for it Strawberry and neither will the rest of us. Let’s get a hyphen and some brackets with info in that title 

Sign him permanently? Minteh I mean? Fuck that.. a loan absolutely for 1 season but that whole deal sounds like an absolute robbery. DCL may be over his injury issues but he’s bang out of form.

What is Howe thinking 

One thing that would be in our favour if we want him is the feedback from Gordon, if it was between us and another club you can guarantee he will give our anthony a call.

I am surprised the negative reaction about him specially for 18 million pounds. He had terrible couple of season but overall he could be solid addition to our squad.

He is a player Howe track for a while so he has a right to get a player he wants.

He might end up doing well but when considering the financial risks it’s a no for me. I don’t think it’s worth the finances in our position. 

I don't think it's even true, considering we've just come of the back of a record breaking season of injury, players dropping like flies, we wouldn't repeat that with injury prone signings, things are quiet on the club football front because of the European Cup, so Baldwards has invented one of his exclusives.

Just now, mighty__mag said:

I don't think it's even true, considering we've just come of the back of a record breaking season of injury, players dropping like flies, we wouldn't repeat that with injury prone signings, things are quiet on the club football front because of the European Cup, so Baldwards has invented one of his exclusives.

We already have with Kelly in fairness.

Didn’t want this anyway but to sell a young talented player who plays in our weakest position for an injury prone average out of form striker is horrible business. Will be gutted if this happens. 

Unless it's a ridiculous amount of money Minteh shouldn't be going anywhere. He certainly shouldn't be used as a makeweight in a deal for a relatively average PL striker. 

I'd go as far as suggesting he's quite possibly the answer to our RW problem. The whole suggested deal is a hard no from me

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

Interested to know the price, anything above 15 million I’d rather just risk it with Wilson for another season tbh. 

Going with Wilson will probably affect Isak and our season so thats not ideal, but paying over the odds for DCL is a big no.

1 minute ago, midds said:

Unless it's a ridiculous amount of money Minteh shouldn't be going anywhere. He certainly shouldn't be used as a makeweight in a deal for a relatively average PL striker. 

I'd go as far as suggesting he's quite possibly the answer to our RW problem. The whole suggested deal is a hard no from me

It’s not a makeweight though- not in its traditional sense. It’s a PSR workaround that allows to sell Minteh for 10-15m more than we’d get from anyone else. Can maybe realise 30m profit this year based on that sale. Throw in a buy back clause and a sell on and we’re ok. 

6 minutes ago, Strawberry said:

I am surprised the negative reaction about him specially for 18 million pounds. He had terrible couple of season but overall he could be solid addition to our squad.

He is a player Howe track for a while so he has a right to get a player he wants.

The negative reactions are completely reasonable. You say it yourself, and you are right, that he has been dreadful in the past few seasons. I would go further and ask; when has he ever been good?

Is he a player who possesses the qualities that a club with top 4-5 ambitions should have? The answer is pretty obvious.