Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Strawberry

I disagree with that. He is a good striker, he’s very good in the air, has great movement and is a natural finisher. The issue is his fitness and the fact he’s not a very versatile player. Is he a top 4 striker? No, but he could be as backup if his fitness wasn’t trash 

Just now, gbandit said:

I disagree with that. He is a good striker, he’s very good in the air, has great movement and is a natural finisher. The issue is his fitness and the fact he’s not a very versatile player. Is he a top 4 striker? No, but he could be as backup if his fitness wasn’t trash 

Yeah I don't mind taking DCL if it's a standalone deal for a reasonable price like £15m. He's got a year left on his contract so that seems fair.

But this talk about using Minteh as part of the deal needs to be quashed very quickly. It needs to be pulverised with a rocket launcher.

I like DCL, decent player and a move away from that shitshow where he’s feeding off lumped balls will help him no end. If Carlo rates him that’s good enough for me but Minteh going the other way? We would be crazy 

4 minutes ago, gbandit said:

He hasn’t been good since Ancelotti was there imo.

5 minutes ago, captainhaircut said:

It’s not a makeweight though- not in its traditional sense. It’s a PSR workaround that allows to sell Minteh for 10-15m more than we’d get from anyone else. Can maybe realise 30m profit this year based on that sale. Throw in a buy back clause and a sell on and we’re ok. 

Makeweight probably wasn't the best word to use tbf :thup:

I'm just not a fan of losing Minteh to bring in someone like DCL. A different player goes the other way then absolutely do the deal - just not Minteh

2 minutes ago, Novocastrian said:

If we are having to sell Minteh to buy DCL I’d really rather not bother.

Selling Minteh will help our whole transfer window, not only DCL.

Edited by nufc123

2 minutes ago, El Jardinero said:

Is he a player who possesses the qualities that a club with top 4-5 ambitions should have? The answer is pretty obvious.

Cody Gapko hasn't impressed me with the 35-£40Mill fee.Antony £70 odd mill.Rather have Lewin for £15 odd 

1 minute ago, Steve Charlton said:

Cody Gapko hasn't impressed me with the 35-£40Mill fee.Antony £70 odd mill.Rather have Lewin for £15 odd 

Yes I agree with you on Gakpo and Antony. 

So, are other clubs' less successful signings supposed to justify the purchase of DCL?

He's not as much of a crock as you think. His last 14 goals actually came from 246 appearances.

Please be a curvescreen for some 19 year old Argentinian whiz kid we've got lined up.

8 minutes ago, nufc123 said:

Selling Minteh will help our whole transfer window, not only DCL.

Doesn't Minteh play on the RW? Playing him there and selling Almiron might be a decent answer as part of that transfer window.

Could be a smart move. We kind of like to buy the dip and there’s a lot of upside to DCL for under 20m.

Despite his recent injury record and form I really like his profile. With the right set-up I can potentially see him doing well (see someone like Solanke who was being called average a season or 2 ago).Would give us some aerial threat up front too. I don’t mind it!

If the fee is 20m or under its more acceptable. Talk of Everton wanting 35m. Absolutely not. 

Must be 15-20 better options once you get past 20m. 

Like Kelly his injury history is a real concern. 

Maybe we should get that guy at Forest. He scored twice as many and played less games!

At the end of the day I trust Eddie and co. Was just hoping for better for a Wilson upgrade.

It's underwhelming but there is an element of logic to it. You have to remember we have a genuinely world class CF - finding somebody to play second fiddle to him is difficult. 

7 minutes ago, TRon said:

Doesn't Minteh play on the RW? Playing him there and selling Almiron might be a decent answer as part of that transfer window.

Without help from Saudi, im not sure anyone will offer 25m for Almiron. There is a lot of interest around Minteh.

If Minteh does go, I expect we'll have a very preferable buy-back or some equivalent.

I'd love to keep him now but I'm not sure we have any current buyers for the players we'd ideally get rid of.

I think DCL would be steady. We create well for our strikers, he won't need to be anywhere near as much of a workhorse in our setup, and he's good foil for Isak if we ever need to play them as a 2 as he's more of a target man.

3 minutes ago, nufc123 said:

Without help from Saudi, im not sure anyone will offer 25m for Almiron. There is a lot of interest around Minteh.

Yeah, beacuse he might be good?

14 minutes ago, El Jardinero said:

Yes I agree with you on Gakpo and Antony. 

So, are other clubs' less successful signings supposed to justify the purchase of DCL?

Kind of when you look at the fees involved.I’ll wait for the facts before making anymore comments here incase it is a ridiculous price ha

We cant afford to make a mistake these days with these new rules and Lewin will be a solid back up to our main man Isak.

2 minutes ago, ATB said:

Yeah, beacuse he might be good?

Young, up and coming at the back of a good season will attract a lot more interest than a 30 year old.