Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Strawberry

12 hours ago, Guybrush said:

Well, I think we should put DCL on gardening leave so we can balance the PSR and amortise Minteh over the medium to long term, and take the money from the scaled back line construction project to balance FFP through hotel purchases.

Mint at football finance, me.

Reminds me of this guy… 

IMG_8551.gif.9c6fe0659e82bcacaaffbe9d01b9b248.gif

30 minutes ago, bhoywhonder said:

If this saga has told us anything we didn't already know: Luke Edwards is so fucking shit at his job.

You reading this baldy? You're shit at your job. 

He’s very good at devisive bullshit news headlines with a pinch of what’s possible thrown in, and he gets the clicks. Just look at this thread. Job done.

(No more cumshots of Baldwards today @Yorkie  O0)

Edited by PauloGeordio

I’m assuming he’s on a fat wedge as, iirc, he was offered a bumper deal by Ancelotti at a time where he was looking every bit like a 70m pound player .

As much as I think Howe can bring him back to the beast he was at that time, breaking our wage structure for a 2nd choice striker wouldn’t be the most sensible decision.

Suspect this DCL / Minteh story was planted by the clubs to send a message. In a "we can fuck around with nonsensical valuations to play the FFP game like Chelsea". Both reported valuations were way OTT, in my view anyway.

17 hours ago, SteV said:

They’ll have to cave as there’s no way they can let him leave for nowt given their financial situation.

£15-20m bids at the end of august?

they'll not be able to sell him in january as clubs will wait till his contract expires.

10 minutes ago, huss9 said:

£15-20m bids at the end of august?

they'll not be able to sell him in january as clubs will wait till his contract expires.

That’s what likely to happen if they don’t drop the asking price now.

Edwards (I think) article said they weren’t under pressure to sell to meet PSR, but there’s still no way they’ll be prepared to write off that kind of fee to keep him for one season.

2 hours ago, JLC said:

Suspect this DCL / Minteh story was planted by the clubs to send a message. In a "we can fuck around with nonsensical valuations to play the FFP game like Chelsea". Both reported valuations were way OTT, in my view anyway.

I fear its more that both parties were ready to do the deal until the PL started making noise about investigating high value both way transfers

1 hour ago, BergenMagpie said:

Such a coincidence the PL got interested just as we got involved  

What they are doing is unsustainable. It was only a matter of time before a club hit them for restriction of trade charges, and there's already been concerns voiced that the PL are going to be spending a large part of their budget on paying legal fees for the forseeable future.

5 hours ago, McCormick said:

I’m assuming he’s on a fat wedge as, iirc, he was offered a bumper deal by Ancelotti at a time where he was looking every bit like a 70m pound player .

As much as I think Howe can bring him back to the beast he was at that time, breaking our wage structure for a 2nd choice striker wouldn’t be the most sensible decision.

I read around £120,000 per week

9 hours ago, bhoywhonder said:

If this saga has told us anything we didn't already know: Luke Edwards is so fucking shit at his job.

You reading this baldy? You're shit at your job. 

I mean, clearly he was right about the link and broke the story first.  So he isn’t that shit.  Doesn’t mean he isn’t a wanker. 

46 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Which is what Isak is meant to be on, and is a lot higher than what Wilson is meant to be on 

Am willing to bet isaks new contract they are working on will be about 150, whether the likes of Bruno and tonali are on that is speculation but you absolutely have to pay for goals

Just now, Checko said:

Why can't we just buy some jailbait Brazilian wonderkid like a proper club?

Not saying they do or they don’t but for my ignorance, do these transfers ever pay off for PL clubs? (Excluding la liga clubs).