Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Strawberry

Just now, The College Dropout said:

Grand total of 8 goals mind. 

Chris Wood has more consistent PL pedigree.  

I rate him. Others don’t. That’s fine, cos it’s obviously subjective.

But there’s a difference in not rating him, and labelling him a ‘crock’ because you don’t rate him.

Just now, Shearergol said:

Liverpool supporting mate of mine is obsessed with this Everton-Newcastle-Chelsea-Villa transfer conspiracy that we’re all just swapping players to beat FFP

I am in favour of that.

10 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Liverpool supporting mate of mine is obsessed with this Everton-Newcastle-Chelsea-Villa transfer conspiracy that we’re all just swapping players to beat FFP

What if we are though? What rule would we be breaking?

Assuming there wasn't some sort of trick involved like them buying Longstaff for £50m, would anyone here defend buying him for over £30m?

I truly don't think that'll happen, but want to see who'll put themselves above the parapet.

All those saying DCL would be a great signing - guarantee before it was announced he wouldn't be in any of your wish lists of strikers.  And for good reason.  

am confident he'll be a good backup striker and will look much better under Howe than Dyche 

good to have a proper aerial threat up front

I don't think Wilson is capable of playing more than 1 game a week so desperately needed 

doubt it'll be crazy money considering Everton's financial position and only a year left on his contract 

PL quality strikers are hard to get so fingers crossed 

Edited by Ginola14

10 minutes ago, duo said:

All those saying DCL would be a great signing - guarantee before it was announced he wouldn't be in any of your wish lists of strikers.  And for good reason.  

Nobody that is on anyone’s wish list would be willing to play second fiddle to Isak for 75% of the season. 

16 minutes ago, duo said:

Was Gordon on anyone’s wish list?

Sometimes links come up and then the more you think about it, the more you think it makes sense.

48 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Just needs to breathe easier. Maybe try an inhaler.

2 hours ago, Fezzle said:

Presumably our entire defence is shit then giving him a hat trick?

Chris Wood was shocking for us. One of the worst I've seen for us given his fee.

3 minutes ago, The Butcher said:

Chris Wood was shocking for us. One of the worst I've seen for us given his fee.

That miss in the FA cup was really quite something.

Hes a good lad though, have no animosity toward him, even for the goals he scored against us last season.

51 minutes ago, duo said:

Neither was Andy Cole. 

36 minutes ago, Ginola14 said:

I don't think Wilson is capable of playing more than 1 game a week so desperately needed

Well, we're not going to be playing more than one game a week for almost all of next season, so just on that basis he'd be quite suitable...

2 hours ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I just don’t get this one. Wilson out and DCL in is sideways or slightly backwards move. Unless we’re planning on bringing in a third striker. 

unless wilson is asking to leave.

So say Wilson moves to West Ham, DCL is just a replacement then.

We’ll still most likely go big on a right winger/forward in July or August.

Would really rather we took a look at Minteh for pre season but just doesn’t seem to be on the cards at this time. 

Can’t see Targett staying when we have Hall and Kelly.. so I’d expect him to be moved on too.

Kilman could fill the gap of both Lascelles and Botman who will both realistically not be ready until Feb/March

So that would leave:

RB: Trippier, Tino

CB: Krafth, Schär, Burn, Kilman

LB: Kelly, Hall

And then Alex Murphy will get a few minutes am sure.

Midfield we should hopefully have:

Bruno, Tonali, Willock, Joelinton, Miley, Longstaff, Anderson

Forwards:

Gordon, Isak, DCL, Murphy, Barnes, (new right forward)

Now questions arise.. does this squad look better than previous seasons? Does it look like top 4 contenders?

Injury free, see no reason why not but if Willock misses most of the season we may well have a midfield that suffers the same issues as last season. Still lacks a bit of pace.. and teams who decide to play straight through them will still cause issues.

I’d still like to see us go and get a proper holding midfielder that allows Bruno to push up.