Last 16: Romania 0-3 Netherlands; Austria 1-2 Turkey

Yorkie

1 minute ago, STM said:

Watching Spain is going to be so annoying.:lol:

They've already got into the opposition box more and we're not even three minutes in.

I’m going to be properly Swiss cheesed off when Fabian Schär blast a Thunder bastard right in the top corner & knock us out of the tournament. 

But in all seriousness England needs to somehow get their shit together if we want to get through to the next round. Embarrassing performances so far. 

Just now, Smal said:

2 shots on target and 2 goals for England btw. Dubs is so funny :lol:

I mean... he had no chance to be fair.

I've long defended Southgate as a person and for what he's achieved culturally for England, and that's not changed - still think the pure hatred he gets is grim and not acceptable.

Managerially or tactically there's no defending that though. So late with the subs, crying out for changes that everyone else could see needed to be made. Look to have no attacking plan whatsoever. Bailed out by luck falling our way at the very end. Just so disappointing. A far cry from how we played in Qatar where at least we looked like there was some degree of cohesion. One tournament too far for Southgate, has to go now even if we somehow fluke our way to the final 

What’s all this building of pressure, taking shots, keeping possession, moving the ball quickly? Poor Spain, don’t they realise this isn’t how you lay tournament football 

3 minutes ago, Keefaz said:

Southgate will be watching Spain and tutting

Southgate - much like Martinez - are watching this game and going like "wait a second. When a player has the ball the rest of the attackers can actually move? This is crazy!"

Edited by TenkoDaLuz