Paul Mitchell (Sporting Director)

41 minutes ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

This cunt been beheaded yet?

I think what a lot of people forget is that stuff like this takes time. To be successful you've got to appoint the right people, buy the right tools and only then can you start to think about luring him to the embassy.

11 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Eales has nothing to do with player trading though, purely increase financials for sustainable growth.

Wouldn’t he have been involved in Mitchell appointment after freedman pursuit, and needing to do the PSR business and Ashworth panic whilst Mitchell wasn’t in post? Or did that sit with someone else.

3 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

He's the CEO, he's in charge of everything 

Yes he is, and ultimately he'll be held responsible. But are we assuming Mitchell is bad at his job based on what he's produced in 6 weeks?

I can imagine how unimpressed Bruno and Isaak, and even Botman are with the lack of activity, as they realise their chances of playing Champions League football next season have probably been severely reduced by our inexcusable and incompetent amateurism, unless of course, they're tempted away in Janary or the window after that. 

Could it be a power struggle that's hampered this summers transfer window.

It all seems seems to be going tits up since Mandy left. 

3 minutes ago, TRon said:

Yes he is, and ultimately he'll be held responsible. But are we assuming Mitchell is bad at his job based on what he's produced in 6 weeks?

I really don't care about pinning the blame on one of them or what it says about them on a wider scale tbh. The point is that they're all responsible and they've all failed.

9 minutes ago, wallsendlad1952 said:

I can imagine how unimpressed Bruno and Isaak, and even Botman are with the lack of activity, as they realise their chances of playing Champions League football next season have probably been severely reduced by our inexcusable and incompetent amateurism, unless of course, they're tempted away in Janary or the window after that. 

Although it is scary to think about, this could well be a scenario we face in January if we are not doing well...

Professional (elite) footballers tend to be ruthless both on and off the field.

1 minute ago, buzza said:

Although it is scary to think about, this could well be a scenario we face in January if we are not doing well...

Professional (elite) footballers tend to be ruthless both on and off the field.

They'll be asking themselves some tough questions.

38 minutes ago, Sibierski said:

Probably a panic appointment, after failing with the Freedman approach. Needed to get someone in, has a reputation, no club, easier deal to make then get involved with trying to pry someone away from a club again.

Think once dust settles, depending on what vision Yasir still has for the club, Eales could be the one that gets the chop. 

Howay man 

40 minutes ago, Sibierski said:

Probably a panic appointment, after failing with the Freedman approach. Needed to get someone in, has a reputation, no club, easier deal to make then get involved with trying to pry someone away from a club again.

Think once dust settles, depending on what vision Yasir still has for the club, Eales could be the one that gets the chop. 

There's some superb takes on here tonight.

18 minutes ago, wallsendlad1952 said:

I keep reading ‘it’s all gone tits up since Amanda went’.

Maybe the last couple of months are a bit hazy - wasn’t she still here when we’d fucked up PSR so bad that we had to panic sell on deadline day otherwise face a huge points deduction?  Weren’t there rumours that said cock-up may have been a factor in her leaving?

It’s been absolute gash blaming some bloke that’s been in post for 6 weeks is bonkers.  Ash worth was pruning his Mrs bush for months.  Staveley leaving I find bizarre. There are two constants Eales and Howe on the transfer committee.  That’s not fiction and Guehi and Elanga are not worth 100 million.  Look at other players that have moved far much cheaper

16 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

I think we could see an overhaul of the recruitment department in the next couple of weeks. 

I think it needs addressing 

Mitchell signs players and appoints his own scouts - Eddie coaches - clear lines drawn 

4 minutes ago, Mikky said:

I think it needs addressing 

Mitchell signs players and appoints his own scouts - Eddie coaches - clear lines drawn 

This is it for me too. Eales should’ve hammered this home when Mitchell came in.

Just now, Danh1 said:

This is it for me too. Eales should’ve hammered this home when Mitchell came in.

The way I see the DoF model (and I always refer to Germany) it’s the DoF above the coach - he sets the agenda/project of the club - accountability for recruitment lies with him - performance on the pitch, the coach (the DoF can pay the price for this also)

If the above isn’t clearly set, you are going to get into bother and it won’t work 

30 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

This is why I think Howe’s position will become untenable. Results will eventually match the level of performances and Howe will face those sorts of questions about who’s to blame for the window.. he’s hardly going to take responsibility himself.

5 hours ago, tinoasprilla said:

It’s been absolute gash blaming some bloke that’s been in post for 6 weeks is bonkers.  Ash worth was pruning his Mrs bush for months.  Staveley leaving I find bizarre. There are two constants Eales and Howe on the transfer committee.  That’s not fiction and Guehi and Elanga are not worth 100 million.  Look at other players that have moved far much cheaper

Mitchell has done that job for a long time elsewhere, he should have a plan B or C automatically lined up, Ashworth would have.

Normally the DOF should be held accountable for the transfers, but for this window, very likely it would not be on Mitchell. The whole fiasco is just so poorly handled that I can’t believe it’s directed by an experienced DOF

Not that I want to call out Howe but if we failed to reach Top 6 this season, it must be Howe who is going to bye

41 minutes ago, Ben said:

Mitchell has done that job for a long time elsewhere, he should have a plan B or C automatically lined up, Ashworth would have.

But if Guehi was plan c, and we had to spend 70mil for plan c, you can see why it didn’t happen in the end…

8 hours ago, Dokko said:

Eales has nothing to do with player trading though, purely increase financials for sustainable growth.

You're probably thinking of Peter Silverstone who is the Chief Commercial Officer.

Eales is the CEO and transfers are the biggest boardroom decisions any club makes. The buck stops with him.

That Caulkin and Waugh article paints him in a bad light and has me asking big questions about his belief in Howe.

It should go without saying, but if he (and Eales) are undermining Howe, they can both fuck right off.