Paul Mitchell (Sporting Director)

3 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

I'll not say why but I have the opportunity to speak to Hope a few times a week if anyone wants me to ask/throw anything. 

Hopefully you're an undertaker. 

3 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

Watch the press conference. It's nowhere near as negative as this spin. 

I fucking hate that bellend, honestly.

Even the emoji use is to make it more sensationalist and generate comments. I know they have to like, but it's rank. 

3 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

I'll not say why but I have the opportunity to speak to Hope a few times a week if anyone wants me to ask/throw anything. 

Did Stanley Kubrick film the moon landings?

28 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

Watch the press conference. It's nowhere near as negative as this spin. 

I fucking hate that bellend, honestly.

Was just going to say, I'll watch the press conference later before I believe that pricks take on it.

One of the big issues we are going to face moving forwards with Eddie and Mitchell is the trust, I don’t see how either of these two are going to be trust one another decisions which is going to be very problematic when it comes to recruitment. 

If there’s an issue of trust and it’s not going to work then Mitchell can fuck off. I’ll wait and see how things develop though as it’s certainly not clear enough yet how it’s going to go. Let’s hope Mitchell that he can get his act together quickly and get players in that work for Howe and hopefully Howe will let him do that. Mitchell needs to work on how he talks though, Eddie is a master diplomat. Mitchell is not 

6 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

One of the big issues we are going to face moving forwards with Eddie and Mitchell is the trust, I don’t see how either of these two are going to be trust one another decisions which is going to be very problematic when it comes to recruitment. 

Why don’t you see how they can trust eachother? 

13 hours ago, KaKa said:

This is what Hope is saying:

Howe's power has been diluted, with Mitchell, Eales and new performance director James Bunce taking greater control across all aspects of the club's day-to-day running. Bunce is around training every day and, during pre-season in Germany, it was interesting to note Howe's body language - like a hedgehog raises its quills - as he prepared a session with the new man watching on.

The volume of intensity in training, it is said, has been reduced compared to previous seasons, an instruction on the part of Bunce aimed at lowering the number of injuries and optimising performance. 

So far, Newcastle have taken seven points from nine, have picked up two injuries - neither is serious - and, by Howe's admission, have not played as well as he would have liked, with some key players still lacking fitness. 

There is, then, a balance to be found.

If Bunce can increase player availability, that is good news for the club. If Mitchell can implement a recruitment strategy that gets ahead of Profit and Sustainability Rules, that is good news for the club. But to suggest that some of what went before was substandard - when Howe and others took the club from 19th to the Champions League in less than two seasons - was perhaps not the wisest ploy.

In regards to Bunce, as the above comes across as there is a bit of agro between Bunce and Howe. In his presser today, in Eddie terms Howe absolutely raved about Bunce today. His exact words where:

"James is working really well I have to say, I think he has been hugely impressive since he has come in, hes very passionate, hard working, involved from the very start planning phase of training, to the execution, he gives us really detailed analysis afterwards as well, so I think he's been a really good addition to the team, its been very positive."

Hope going to no Hope as standard in that article.

Time for Paul Mitchell to just do his job in the background, get some quick wins and be ready to go for it in January. 

If we are heading for a data approach, get the best possible candidates in the door and have the scouting database being built for next summer onwards 

There is some seriously disingenuous stuff going on with journalists.

Mitchell wasn't saying that our post takeover transfers have been poor, he was saying that our strategy could be better or at least that was my reading of it.

Yet there's Howe in a press conference having to defend the players who he has signed.

It's the equivalent of them saying: "Eddie, Mitchell thinks you are a cunt, what is your response?" and then following it up with an article about how Howe hates Mitchell.

It's absolutely childish stuff.

6 minutes ago, STM said:

There is some seriously disingenuous stuff going on with journalists.

Mitchell wasn't saying that our post takeover transfers have been poor, he was saying that our strategy could be better or at least that was my reading of it.

Yet there's Howe in a press conference having to defend the players who he has signed.

It's the equivalent of them saying: "Eddie, Mitchell thinks you are a cunt, what is your response?" and then following it up with an article about how Howe hates Mitchell.

It's absolutely childish stuff.

Gone back and looked at where the fit for purpose stuff is coming from and on the face of it, Mitchell seems absolutely right. 

Mentions our lack of sales too, something that is clearly going to continue holding us back if we don’t get better at it

IMG_0060.jpeg

IMG_0062.jpeg

Also an overspend on players was factually true as we had. PSR issues. Doesn’t mean we overpaid for individual players which is what Hope in particular tried to stir amongst the fan base successfully.

Never forget who tried to stir the shit on the morning of our cup final. Never forget…

Edited by LFEE

Howe's deminer changed massively when Hope was asking questions, it was kind of funny. 

In regards to the "HOWE HASN'T HAD ANY CONTACT WITH MITCHELL" thing, Eddies words where:

"No i've not had any contact with him, but thats not unusual, he has a different job remit to myself, so that happens when i'm on the training pitch". 

42 minutes ago, 54 said:

In regards to Bunce, as the above comes across as there is a bit of agro between Bunce and Howe. In his presser today, in Eddie terms Howe absolutely raved about Bunce today. His exact words where:

"James is working really well I have to say, I think he has been hugely impressive since he has come in, hes very passionate, hard working, involved from the very start planning phase of training, to the execution, he gives us really detailed analysis afterwards as well, so I think he's been a really good addition to the team, its been very positive."

Hope going to no Hope as standard in that article.

That's awesome man.

Very glad to hear that :thup:

Genuinely think if Howe is bought in it is only going to make him a better manager.

Really encouraging.

33 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

Gone back and looked at where the fit for purpose stuff is coming from and on the face of it, Mitchell seems absolutely right. 

Mentions our lack of sales too, something that is clearly going to continue holding us back if we don’t get better at it

IMG_0060.jpeg

IMG_0062.jpeg

Exactly! He was bang on regarding our recruitment.

52 minutes ago, gbandit said:

If there’s an issue of trust and it’s not going to work then Mitchell can fuck off.

Really?! So Ashworth out, then Mitchell too?

And so I presume Howe would be DOF and manager then? Or we do without a DOF?!

No thanks!

25 minutes ago, KaKa said:

No thanks!

I'm pretty confident that if it did come down to it, you and whoever else who would prefer to opt for Mitchell over Howe would be in an extreme minority. 

27 minutes ago, KaKa said:

No thanks!

Although I’m far from subscribing that Mitchell won’t do a good job here. Let’s be straight. EH is THE most important person at the club. Have no doubts about that.

1 minute ago, Kid Icarus said:

I'm pretty confident that if it did come down to it, you and whoever else who would prefer to opt for Mitchell over Howe would be in an extreme minority. 

While I generally agree, managers come and go. A proper structure and strategy is important for  long term success. 
we’ve seen a lack of proper planning come up short in the Keegan / Hall era.