Semi Finals: France 1-2 Spain, England 2-1 Netherlands

Disco

Kane is a liability.

Every pass of his has either been backwards, or taken so long it may as well have been backwards.

Everyone else is pressing their defenders high up, and he doesn’t, suddenly the Dutch are away with the ball.

Think that additional midfielder has stabilised the Netherlands defensively.

Going to be an interesting second half.

Really good half that. Slice of luck with the penalty but we've been the better side. Be a fucking great time for things to click :lol:

My concern is that Southgate's game management isn't his strength, so I'm worried that Koeman will out-tactic him. But so far so good so can't complain 

Just now, Alan Pardew said:

YES LADS!! Looks like Gareth read my WhatsApp messages! Very good first half. You are welcome. 

I hate you again, King.

3 minutes ago, Mike said:

If I'm Koeman I shiv the ref in the tunnel.

Feel like he didn't want to go against VAR due to potential backlash from the UK tabloids, especially with the Bellingham controversy beforehand. I do think though he knows it was soft, and if Holland get in a similar situation later on he may be inclined to give us a soft one too to restore the balance in the force.

Just now, El Prontonise said:

You didn't get the irony in my post.

homer simpson GIF

:lol: I did not. I'm blinded by ref hatred atm.

Kane and Tripps off please.

This might be controversial but anywhere else on the pitch and the challenge for the penalty is given as a free kick.

3 minutes ago, Willow said:

Very promising but the fact it's still 1-1 is annoying, we've been unlucky not to be ahead. Gordon would murder on that left wing

Um ... excuse me sir.

You should be one nil down. 

Nice to see us forcing the issue, playing with confidence and a bit more intensity. Mainoo pressing really well centrally and Foden looks liberated in a free role. 

Still, we're only level because of an utter joke of a decision, so there's little satisfaction to be had in that. 

Just now, Unbelievable said:

Feel like he didn't want to go against VAR due to potential backlash from the UK tabloids, especially with the Bellingham controversy beforehand. I do think though he knows it was soft, and if Holland get in a similar situation later on he may be inclined to give us a soft one too to restore the balance in the force.

You've been in similar twice already :lol:

1 minute ago, Stifler said:

Kane is a liability.

Every pass of his has either been backwards, or taken so long it may as well have been backwards.

Everyone else is pressing their defenders high up, and he doesn’t, suddenly the Dutch are away with the ball.

I was praying he was injured for the pen 

Good 7/10 half there, best of the tournament for us easily.

Kane scored his penalty but fuck...he's not offering much as a striker at all in overall play, he's playing everywhere else instead.

Much better performance - this should be our baseline level with the players we have - though I can't remember many clear-cut chances, other than foden's that was cleared off the line.

Dutchies have been turbo-gash though. They don't seem to mark people in midfield which has helped.

Kane reminds me of that player that used to be good but his legs are gone so you slowly pick him in other positions until he's on orange duties 😂

Kane seems to be dropping deep and doing what he's good at without getting in people's way which is encouraging. It does leave us short a striker in the box, maybe we're hoping Bellingham and Foden make those runs to fill the gap? 

This is actually a really interesting game, I'd be enjoying this if I was a neutral. As it is I'm bricking it :lol: